Slayyyter - Troubled Paradise | Page 156 | The Popjustice Forum

Slayyyter - Troubled Paradise

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by OspreyQueen, Oct 3, 2018.

1. I love country music.

Kuhleezi, elektroxx, Mr.Arroz and 9 others like this.
  2. Her mind!

If she released each of these as a 12” I would buy the whole collection ff

3. Is Azealia going to come for Slayyyter due to a perceived similarity to "Liquorice"?

4. Azealia hasn’t mentioned Slayyyter in ages (like years), so she probably won’t say anything unless one of her stans says something. But who cares

Wishlight, 1991, Mr Blonde and 2 others like this.

5. Ugh the looks. Incredible.

QueenB, 4Roses, lushLuck and 5 others like this.
  6. I guess Doghouse might be yellow since she shot a video for that one too and it's the only missing color.

7. Oh wow, the still for the video should've been the single art. Stunning.

8. I still can’t believe this album hasn’t been rush released and it’s still got 2 months to go.

9. Well it makes sense why they didn't rush release it now, knowing they had this whole rollout planned.

Wishlight, Island, Kuhleezi and 10 others like this.
  10. This song is such a bop.

I'm not noticing any notable differences with mastering like you could with Clouds. It does sound a bit compressed to the max once the instrumental beefs up at the first chorus.

11. Hmm... I’m unsure. I think it’s the mixing during the chorus that’s sounding a bit rough to me at first but maybe it’ll grow.

Edit: I can confirm it’s already grown. The video will probably seal it.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021 at 4:23 AM
    sfmartin and lushLuck like this.
  12. Definitely my favourite single so far. Can't wait for the video!

13. This is incredible, I can't wait for my signed vinyl.

14. This is my least favorite of the most recent three, but I do love the crunchy Sleigh Bells vibe.

15. I can’t stop playing it....it’s so incredible. It also is strikingly similar to another song but I can’t put my finger on it.

Island, digitalkaiser, tea and 2 others like this.
  16. Love this - the last three singles have been pop excellence in different ways!

17. I was a bit alarmed at the fuzziness of the synths in the preview but hearing it in full, it actually works. Like @lushLuck said, it's very Sleigh Bells, a brick wall of sound that hits your senses all at once. Joyfully overwhelming and adds to the ferocity of the track.
    I also adore how she is not afraid of playing with the structure of her songs. Both this and Troubled Paradise have kept me guessing althoughout the song in way not since Xenomania productions. Which is delightful. In fact, in that way, Clouds is very Call The Shots in that it's simple structure stands out even more.
    The end of Cowboys really sounds like it's gearing up for a final explosive chorus which never comes which is midly frustrating.

Island, slaybellz and lushLuck like this.
  18. Yeah same. For me it's the "at the rodeoooo" part.

Glitterizer and Hyrulian like this.
  19. This is very excellent and once again melodically surprising

lushLuck likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.