Slayyyter - Troubled Paradise | Page 196 | The Popjustice Forum

Slayyyter - Troubled Paradise

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Inland Empire, Oct 3, 2018.

1. The foreshadowing!

2. This is so good.

3. Tour started last night!

Jersey, elektroxx, slaybellz and 4 others like this.
  4. I randomly pop on her Twitter and I'm never disappointed

PopHouseMusic, Sam, Dijah. and 18 others like this.
  5. I wish she hit me with a water bottle.

6. slaybellz, mindtrappa and lushLuck like this.
  7. Poor 'Villain' being the only song off the album she's not performing.

DinahLee, slaybellz and lushLuck like this.
  8. Attended the show last night and had a ball. Ms. Cathy gave a non-stop bop fest that did a great job at balancing songs from Troubled Paradise and Self-Titled, but I still would have loved hearing Villain, Celebrity or E-Boy. Her cover of La Bouche’s Be My Lover was inspired and the new song was a Hi-NRG blast. The show was definitely sloppy at points and the leotard-change breaks were a bit painful, but these things happen with an indie show, especially when it’s the first date. She was genuinely apologetic about throwing that full water bottle in the crowd, repeatedly reaching out to an audience who clearly wanted her to do it again. I just think a couple of backup dancers would have really brought up the energy and made the intervals more exciting than the cute DJ standing on his own. It was just a treat getting to hear these songs blasting from a venue’s speakers for the first time and Slayyyter’s energy never dipped.

Now the crowd… this felt like one of those XCX hellfests always being discussed here that I’ve managed to avoid up to this point. The amount of poppers I saw being circulated around the room… which, fine, do you, but the moment you start seeing guys getting fingered and rimmed in the middle of the floor, with full drinks flying through the air, you start to feel concern for those around you.

Lapras, 2014, PopHouseMusic and 30 others like this.
  9. No ma'am.

Sam, Dijah., Mr.Arroz and 8 others like this.
  10. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

[​IMG]

dvno, codecat, matthew. and 38 others like this.
  11. I would have switched out Serial Killer and Letters for BFF and like Cha Ching but otherwise the setlist looks great! I'm just thankful Candy was not paid dust. Can't wait to see her in two weeks.

Uhh... okay now i'm scared!

Sam, Dijah., Mr.Arroz and 6 others like this.
  12. I don’t think the 10:45p start time really helped matters with the crowd - and running into a long time message board acquaintance as I walked in who immediately said we were too old to be there should have been a red flag - but I just kept eyes on the stage.

Mr Blonde, GimmeWork, drewsky and 3 others like this.
  13. Going to the Manchester date and now I’m…scared.

14. Oh my god. SMASH!

matthew., Mr.Arroz and lushLuck like this.
  15. She’s such a sweetie! So kind and I didn’t realize how short she is! What a powerhouse!

Jonathan27, lushLuck and Glitterizer like this.
  16. She cut Touch My Body, My Body and the Be My Lover cover at the show tonight and instead did a cover of I Will Survive after Mine. She did start 10 (15?) minutes late so that would explain the cut songs. I almost got to touch her hand when she came into the crowd during Letters but some bitch in front of me held on for dear life and I never got a chance dd.

GimmeWork and lushLuck like this.
  17. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Slayyyter doing Be My Lover is something I need to see released!! Also her singing I Will Survive in dedication for @lushLuck dealing with …that crowd, her mind!

GimmeWork, LPMA, slaybellz and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.