Sleater-Kinney, General Discussion | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Sleater-Kinney, General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by LE0Night, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Don't think it's been mentioned, so: Carrie and Corin are on the latest Song Exploder, talking about The Future Is Here – a primarily Corin track she originally wrote for a male vocal. Interesting stuff, and you can decide your own take on Carrie's references to Janet.

http://songexploder.net/sleater-kinney

flyingwill likes this.
  2. I totally get this album doesn’t play up to the vocals-guitar-vocals-guitar-DRUMS recipe of the other Sleater-Kinney albums past Call The Doctor but I actually love this album, even with the Carrie centric vocals. I really like all of the members equally and think this is a good effort. I wish Janet stuck it out but I understand her needs and reasoning.

I also hope Janet gets better after her accident. What an unfortunate thing to happen.

Edit: I think The Dog/The Body is one of their best songs and I don’t care who knows!

Coolrockgirl likes this.
  3. I'm really into this so far. I didn't really return to No Cities To Love as much as I expected despite it being my gateway into Sleater-Kinney, but I can already guess I'll be replaying this one a lot. I always wondered what would come out if they toned down the loudness and the abrasiveness a little bit, to focus more on atmosphere. I'm just happy they chose to expand their sound and change it up dynamic wise this far into their career.

Coolrockgirl and AshleyKerwin like this.
  4. The answer to that is The Hot Rock.

5. Is this more serious than she initially let on?

6. Hope not, and it doesn't look like it – reading through her updates, she's just pretty banged up and will take months to get back out there. With already missing out on the S-K tour money, now cancelling the Quasi gigs and not able to do her (freelancey?) job, it's cool she's got a few bob to see her through.

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  7. I'm glad. We love her!

8. Does she not have health insurance?

9. Nice! I just listened to Aye Nako earlier this year and liked what I heard.

10. New song already:

Rocks harder than most of the new album.

(Looks like it comes from the album's sessions as it's Janet on the drums.)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    AshleyKerwin and Crisp X like this.
  11. Saw them last night. Great show! They did 29 songs!

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  12. Not even a single frame of Janet in the new video:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.