Sleepy Hollow (TV Series 2013) AMERICAN PACE | The Popjustice Forum

Sleepy Hollow (TV Series 2013) AMERICAN PACE

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Shockbox, Sep 17, 2013.

1. So this started last night in the US on FOX.

Got it downloaded ready to watch when I finish work. Anybody seen it?
    It starts on October 9th in the UK on Universal

2. Rob

Rob

I'm unsure on whether or not to start watching it. It picked up massive ratings last night (and had glowing reviews to boot), but nearly everything gets cancelled so early these days that I want to see how the later ratings pan out...

3. I'm surprised this did so well. I thought it had 'instant death' written all over it.

May catch it when it starts on Universal channel.

4. duckface

duckface Guest

I know!
    Although light horror appears to be all the rage these days, with American Horror Story, Hannibal, Grimm, Walking Dead, and about 78 vampire shows.

5. When you said massive ratings, I was expected 15 million or more. 10 million viewers is still great though, it's obviously benefited from being the first show of the new season to air.

6. I think a 3.5 rating in the 18-49 demo will compare favourably with most of the new shows (although probably not Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. which I think will start with insanely high ratings) so Fox will be happy. The question is whether it can sustain that.

7. First episode was reasonably good and the lead actors are both likeable but I'm not convinced the plot is strong enough to succeed. I'll hold off judgement until the next episode.

8. duckface

duckface Guest

Once Upon A Time says hello. "Plot? What plot?!"

9. It's so crazy, it might actually work. 'They' did a great thing by casting Nicole Beharie too, she's great.

10. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Once Upon A Time is Dallas with Disney Princesses.

11. Pulling this back up.

Does anyone still watch this?
    I'm just finishing season 1 on Amazon Prime (I know, I'm so slow).

Good CG, good acting and good storylines but there is something just not clicking.

12. It's one of those shows I have forgotten about. I loved the movie but the show just never clicked with me. i prefer Hannibal & Bate's Motel.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.