Sobriety / Recovery / Making Life Manageable

My uncle passed away so now I have to be primary support for my mum and dad. I was supposed to get my job back but fucked that up.

Going into full blown self destruct. Drank two glasses of wine, four beers and about six whiskeys last night.

Hardly even feel hungover.

So I've been sober for a few days and I'm loving it. I'm already planning my next moves (Glasgow I'm coming back for you baby!!), feeling 100% more motivated and positive, and getting back to my old self. I feel that spark that was missing for so long coming back and it is glorious.

The only issue is HOW THE FUCK DO YOU SLEEP WHILE SOBER??? I haven't slept more than a few hours most days and its worrying me since I need to be alert and focused to try and use up some of this energy. Like; I just cant stand to be lying down alone with my thoughts. I just need something to knock me out. Restless Leg Syndrome is a bitch too. I feel like I'm doing full on backflips in my bed. Might try and stay up all night (its 5AM now) to fix it.

I'm so tempted to start smoking weed again for this reason but dont want to go back down that route.

Any advice would be much appreciated my loveliess x

So I've been sober for a few days and I'm loving it. I'm already planning my next moves (Glasgow I'm coming back for you baby!!), feeling 100% more motivated and positive, and getting back to my old self. I feel that spark that was missing for so long coming back and it is glorious.

The only issue is HOW THE FUCK DO YOU SLEEP WHILE SOBER??? I haven't slept more than a few hours most days and its worrying me since I need to be alert and focused to try and use up some of this energy. Like; I just cant stand to be lying down alone with my thoughts. I just need something to knock me out. Restless Leg Syndrome is a bitch too. I feel like I'm doing full on backflips in my bed. Might try and stay up all night (its 5AM now) to fix it.

I'm so tempted to start smoking weed again for this reason but dont want to go back down that route.

Any advice would be much appreciated my loveliess x
Practice good sleep hygiene- no caffeine after lunch, only go to bed when you are intending to sleep, no screens etc
Try meditating or listening to a relaxing playlist, I like binaural beats videos on YouTube
You could try ordering melatonin online- 5mg an hour before you intend to sleep in the short term might work at starting a good cycle for you

When I gave up weed 2 years ago, I’d already made a few attempts to quit so knew I wouldn’t be able to sleep. I bought some melatonin, took that an hour before sleeping, and put on sleep meditations. I never used the melatonin two nights in a row, as I didn’t want to switch one dependency for another but it helped so that I wasn’t totally miserable.
Another thing is to try not to fixate on it. Accept that sleep will be a bit tricky but that eventually it’ll settle down. If I lie in bed and after 30 mins still can’t fall asleep, I get up and do something else. Nothing with screens and I turn a lamp on not the full room light. But I’ll journal (write down anything that’s bothering me) or I’ll read and then after 30 mins I’ll try to sleep again.