Soccer Mommy - Out Worn | The Popjustice Forum

Soccer Mommy - Out Worn

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by backstreetjoe, May 27, 2017.

1. For fans of Torres, Ali Barter, Julia Jacklin.....but also a bit of All Over the Place-era Bangles too.

2. Album 'Clean' coming soon and here's the video for 'Your Dog'.

alejandrusco likes this.
  3. I discovered her a few years ago purely by accident during one of my investigative trips on iTunes. I've always loved the nineties boom in really cool female singer/songwriters like Liz Phair, Juliana Hatfield, Lois Maffeo, Aimee Mann and others. Soccer Mommy (and Colleen Green) are perfectly placed for my affections.

AshleyKerwin and backstreetjoe like this.
  4. Album is out.

Island, alejandrusco and enricll like this.
  5. I love Clean. I took it for a spin yesterday and was instantly reminded of Julien Baker, with a harsher edge. Between this and Lucy Dacus' record, indie women did the damn thing this week.

TRAVVV and Jwentz like this.
  6. Another 'indie women' EP which dropped this week is by Ruby Fields (Ritalin is the best track). Also new Angie McMahon. Hope you like.

xOJakeXo likes this.
  7. RJF

RJF

The album is very good indeed.

Jwentz likes this.
  8. Thank you! Ruby Fields reminds me of Alex Lahey. I'll check out Angie, too.

Also, snagged a limited clear vinyl edition of Clean. Stoked she's getting recognition for this record!

9. Lois Maffeo! That's a name I never thought I would read. Mainly because I know her from when she performed under the name Courtney Love (Shaniko is a nice song).

Kirkland likes this.
  10. Album is good, 'Your Dog' is the best song on it

11. Perfect hazy, early-Spring album.

12. Cool and Your Dog are great jams.

slaybellz likes this.
  13. This is a nice little album. "Cool" and "Skin" are the standout tracks for me.

14. K94

K94

Listened to this on the way to work and it is adorable - bit grungey, bit Sheryl Crow, and very chilled. Might get a ticket to her gig.

AshleyKerwin and Kirkland like this.

15. *blinks*

edit: and it was produced by Purity Ring.

Huh.

OK.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    alejandrusco likes this.
  16. Footie Mama has a new album all but prepped and ready to go, apparently.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.