Solange - When I Get Home (4th Studio Album) | Page 24 | The Popjustice Forum

Solange - When I Get Home (4th Studio Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by 1991, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Yeah, this label looks legit.

Andy French, lushLuck and LeBratt like this.
  2. I think it's Matthew ha tricksy ways.

3. What a day to be alive & quarantined!

nooniebao likes this.
  4. Definitely seems like the rights from her debut were sold to some random label. The instrumentals and remixes have randomly appeared on Spotify over the last year.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    sesita likes this.
  5. I know I've said this before (probably in a previous thread) but the new cover to Sol-Angel is so fucking tragic. The attempt to reverse engineer the typography and graphic elements of the original cover is an assault to my eyes.

Original
    [​IMG]

New
    [​IMG]

6. OH MY GOD

sesita likes this.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    Modeblock, 2014, K94 and 5 others like this.

9. When I Get Home has been such a comforting listen for me throughout this year. I found it a bit impenetrable the first couple of listens but it's continued to blossom, and now I look forward to just being...enveloped in its world: Sound of Rain in particular remains so damn underrated.

He, Euphoria, dylbop and 6 others like this.
  10. Yessss. I honestly haven't returned to it much this year since Solange basically left it DOA when it was released, but it's a deeply underrated album, even better than A Seat at the Table to these ears. I still don't think it received as much praise as it should - but maybe that will come over time.

11. I much prefer it to A Seat at the Table. I was vastly disappointed with When I Get Home on first listen but it really just kept revealing itself to me across last year and now I adore it.

12. Matthew did sign and/or manage the gospel version of DC3, Trin-i-tee 5:7, at some point, so perhaps that's where the name for Trinitee Records comes from?

13. 2014

2014 Staff Member

How iconic are these still? Whew.

McQueer, Mr.Arroz, K94 and 10 others like this.
  14. I just saw that she changed the True artwork on Spotify to the Mickalene Thomas limited edition cover!

Mr.Arroz, nooniebao, godspeed and 4 others like this.
  15. True is still such a triumph and an important moment. Losing You remains one of my favourite songs ever and is timeless. Lovers in The Parking Lot is a smash. Every track on that EP is gold.

Her and Dev working together always paves the way for brilliance. I know that When I Get Home wasn’t released that long ago, but I’m already missing new music from her.

I’ve been thinking about her lately and I honestly think between the releases of True - A Seat at The Table - When I Get Home (her older stuff is great too, I just don’t come back to it as much); I have to say that Solange is probably my favourite artist of all time, or is at least in the top 2. She’s fucking incredible.

Burzum, Jersey, Bangers&Bops and 10 others like this.
  16. By the time next September rolls around it will have been the same amount of time passed that was between the last 2 albums. I’m praying for a follow up in 2021.

17. I wish more people knew how terrific her first 2 albums are.

Runawaywithme and 2014 like this.
  18. This is one of my favorites out of her earlier work. It completely soars, I find it so ahead of its time! Funnily enough I think it was wrongly credited on Spotify as "Comic Journey" up until very recently, which always irked me.

McQueer, nikkysan, Mr.Arroz and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.