Someone i know cant post in here: "You have insufficient privileges" | The Popjustice Forum

Someone i know cant post in here: "You have insufficient privileges"

Discussion in 'Forum business' started by alestevens, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Hi, so i know a girl from another forum (her username there is Florencia. She didn't give me confirmation of what her username here is but i guess it's Florencia too). She recently asked if anyone was a member here and i told her i was, and then she told me she couldn't do anything at all in here. She's not allowed to post replies in any threads. She keeps getting a message that says "You have insufficient privileges to reply here" even in open threads. She also told me she couldn't change her avatar either, for example.
    Since she didn't know how to ask for help, she asked me if i could do it in her behalf. What's happening with her account? Is there something that she has to do in order to be able to participate?

Thanks in advance!

2. I signed up and I guess wasn't approved for ages. I messaged one of the moderators at the time and they sorted it. Just got lost in the mix or something I guess.

alestevens likes this.
  3. Mess, i completely forgot that accounts had to get approved by moderators first. Thanks for helping!

4. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Moderator

What is their name on here? I'm not having a florencia come up.

alestevens likes this.
  5. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Moderator

Hmm usually they make a post and it goes to a section where we either approve or disapprove them. Try to post in the introduction section Florencia!

It's possible they posted and were rejected for breaking a rule in their first post like using a smiley or something like that.

alestevens likes this.
  6. I told her this and she told me she never posted anything (because she couldn't). She also told me she can't post in the introduction section either.

But she also just told me she didn't see any "confirmation e-mail" on her inbox, that she probably deleted it by accident or something. Could that be a reason?

If i'm being honest, i barely remember how it was for me when i got in here so i don't even remember if this forum sends confirmation e-mails to begin with!

7. I can't post in one thread... have i been blocked?

8. 2014

2014 Moderator

Which thread is it? I can check for you.

MC54 likes this.
  9. Cheryl's "Let You" thread

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2019
  10. Just following up on this - what I did and would want to contribute to the discussion.

11. 2014

2014 Moderator

Hi! You may need to re-read our rules (no smilies/abbreviations) - thanks!

12. Thank you - and apologies.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.