Songs/albums unavailable on digital (and getting them online!) | Page 40 | The Popjustice Forum

Songs/albums unavailable on digital (and getting them online!)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by aquaplex, Nov 12, 2017.

1. What happened to Dannii's Club Disco?

2. Prince's LoveSexy isn't on Apple Music either. It's on Spotify, and all his other albums appear to be on Apple Music from a quick glance. Probably just a glitch that LoveSexy isn't there.

3. It became a coffee shop.

4. Any chance of Sugababes Three, Change, and Sweet 7 eventually appearing on US Spotify?

5. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Some of the soundtrack is online but five songs are still blocked in the UK, including Just Another Girl.

Angeleyes likes this.
  6. Going through some of my YEAR by YEAR playlists on Spotify that I created four years ago (to make it easier to find random singles by release) noticed a few things that have went offline in the UK at least.

2008: Sonny J "Can't Stop Movin'" (Mirwais remix)
    2005: Rachel Stevens "Waiting Game" b-side to "I Said Never Again", Sugababes radio edits
    2003: Kosheen album/singles (but weirdly not remixes), The Androids "Do it With Madonna"
    2002: Kosheen album/singles (again as above),

I'm not sure if ATC "Around the World (Acoustic version)" was ever online but I was obsessed with it. It's on the UK CD single.

Same with both of these:

Txetxu and Noir like this.
  7. Sadly all of Queen Rachel’s b-sides disappeared from Spotify a year or two ago.

Wishlight, Christopher1985 and Island like this.
  8. I understand that it might be difficult to add tracks to Spotify because of rights and so, but why remove them?

9. Why this song was not a mega-hit I'll never understand

10. I'm not sure exactly how it works with major labels compared to indie releases, but a lot of services make you pay yearly to keep things up (though not all, like CD Baby for indie artists is a one time fee). Also who owns the rights to certain recordings can shift and things might need to get taken down for that reason as well. I assume most singles or remix EPs that get taken down are a matter of them figuring nobody really cares and not bothering to pay a renewal fee if there is one.

V3RYP05H, Daniel L and lushLuck like this.
  11. I doubt it’s paying a fee that causes them to go down. It might be something to do with how they were uploaded back in the early (and unsophisticated) days of digital music.

Daniel L and Angeleyes like this.
  12. Island

Island Staff Member

@aquaplex is the unreleased album going up tonight either Supersister or Smoke2Seven?

13. The latter (re: Discogs).

Island likes this.
  14. Island

Island Staff Member

Perched! Chromatica who? Now let's get the Supersister album out!

idratherjack, TRAVVV and tylerc904 like this.
  15. The most annoying thing is, the Supersister album is yards away from me.

My neighbour was their manager and has the album, mixes, instrumentals etc, though they’re all on DAT tapes.

At least we know it definitely exists!

.1xp, mrdonut, Wishlight and 6 others like this.
  16. Been searching high and low for Lisa Scott Lee's Don't U Want My Number? It seems to have been banished from the face of internet's face.

17. Island

Island Staff Member

Tell him there's a group of 7 and a half gays on a music website who want to hear it! Or send him the link to @aquaplex twitter page. Have you heard it?

.1xp, zephyr, Rob and 6 others like this.
  18. Oh believe me, i’ve tried and tried.

All he does is send me into overload by saying things like...’oh, we recorded an mix of Summer Gonna Come Again with a full orchestra’.

I’m seriously considering home invasion.

.1xp, Rob, Wishlight and 7 others like this.
  19. So no Mini Viva?

20. Way to give me a heart attack! The Supersister album is my holy grail of unreleased pop - well that and the Pop! album (does anyone know if that definitely exists?)

.1xp, zephyr, mrdonut and 1 other person like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.