Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Hana

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was incredible in Paris yesterday night! Didn't know exactly what to expect, but she brought it. The hits, the humour, the covers (Sing It Back by Moloko, Like A Prayer by Madonna, Lady by Modjo...)... She even closed with My Favorite Things from The Sound of Music acapella from the balcony. So much fun!
She seemed so moved by the enthusiastic reaction from the crowd, and the fact it was sold out. She hadn't performed in Paris for twenty years!
Great review, thanks! Looking forward to seeing her tomorrow in Amsterdam!

Lovely music video! Sophie looks stunning, as always! It’s nice to see that the radio edit is helping some people. I really like the radio edit too but I still LOVE the album version. I wonder if they’ve put the radio edit up on streaming platforms. I don’t see it

No question Sophie looks gorgeous as she always does but all in all the music video is rather boring, must've been one of the easiest to shoot for her, sitting around and playing with red balloons.

I don't know a litte naive maybe but I was expecting some Japanese influence, something Asian-esque of some sort. There's not one single cherry three, would've been nice if there had been a setup of a Japanese garden with a few artificial cherry tress or at least a litte bonsai or maybe a shrine anything really haha

Last edited:
I really enjoy the video.

It is simple, yes, but she looks gorgeous. And that could be the end of my message and a very valid point.

But the colour palette is pretty and consistent. The balloon room shots are quite dynamic.
The runway (?) scene with her walking towards the camera reminded me of Bittersweet. Always a good thing.

The only Japanese reference I could think of would be the dancers and the arm movements reminding me of Perfume's Spending All My Time, but even that's a stretch.

And I'm actually glad she didn't go all in on the influences.

I saw her yesterday in Brussels. The show was excellent, she has so much energy on stage, the setlist was perfect, she sang Bittersweet (my personal fav). It worth these 20 years wait to finally see her and luck was with me as I crossed her and Richard in the street before the show so I was able to make a selfie with them, they were the sweetest. I really hope she'll tour again for Hana.

Last edited by a moderator:
She was incredible in Paris yesterday night! Didn't know exactly what to expect, but she brought it. The hits, the humour, the covers (Sing It Back by Moloko, Like A Prayer by Madonna, Lady by Modjo...)... She even closed with My Favorite Things from The Sound of Music acapella from the balcony. So much fun!
She seemed so moved by the enthusiastic reaction from the crowd, and the fact it was sold out. She hadn't performed in Paris for twenty years!

Exactly the same in Brussels last night. I think she's noticed how much she's still appreciated in Europe (to her surprise).

I say her yesterday in Brussels and, as expected, she was amazing. It's such a special and unique experience to hear her songs live. The setlist was great and had a great flow. She's truely one of a kind.

I was twice blessed with the spinning wheel giving us 'Bittersweet' and 'Dancing Queen'. I hope she noticed that 'Bittersweet' really is a popular fan-favourite. It should always be on the setlist.

1. Take Me Home
2. Disco Inferno
3. Wild Forever
4. Breaking The Circle
5. Hypnotized
6. Bittersweet
7. Mixed Up World
8. Young Blood
9. Love Is A Camera (interlude/quick costume change)
10. Dancing Queen
11. Get Over You
12. Lady/Groovejet/Sing It Back
13. Crying At The Discoteque
14. Like A Prayer
15. Heartbreak
16. Murder On The Dancefloor

17. Our House
18. My Favorite Things

Practically flawless, especially the trilogy of 'Breaking The Circle', 'Hypnotized' and 'Bittersweet'. I only wished she sang one of her own songs in the encore (maybe some 'Trip' representation).

She was rather amazing in Amsterdam. She’s so likeable and her vocals are so warm and full. The live band does wonders for the set. The crowd fell in love with her.
I had no idea it would be so cover heavy but they all worked great.

Status
Not open for further replies.