Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Make A Scene | Page 206 | The Popjustice Forum

Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Make A Scene

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by kaushik, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If Heartbreak couldn't… but this is supposed to be better than Heartbreak, and maybe Radio 1 will playlist it. So.

2. Catch You only got to #8, and it was one of the catchiest songs of 2008. So I don't know how her new single would fare.

3. i Love the vido for "But Iwon't Change You"!!

4. Oh my gosh I just listened to the mix clip and I was blown away!
    Part Stock Aitken & Waterman, part fade to gray.

Like "Like a Drug" really.

5. didn't radio one apologise for not playlisting Heartbreak or did i dream that?

6. Adorable!

Me too. That gold coat and green eyeshadow + blondeness is AMAZING.

7. hehe. no i'm quite sure something happened. they snubbed the song first, and they later started playing the song. I could not have dreamt that.... i know i'm crazy but that happened!

yea Sophie looks really cute in I Won't Change You. She doesn't look hot, she looks cute

8. CAN'T. WAIT. ANY. LONGER.

PROBABLY. WILL. HAVE. TOO.

9. I don´t really think of her as hot - she´s beautiful and adorable, mostly as a not too slim redhead in my opinion.

10. really? not hot??? i find her wild with her normal black-dark brown hair. Blonde makes her look cute and red made her look adorable

11. The use of adjectives like "hot" and "adorable" and that there could be a distinction between them is sort of completely cracking me up. By which I mean: ha.

I think the only word to describe Sophie Ellis-Bextor is sophisticated. Somehow even in sort of gonzo sparkly mini dresses and platform shoes, she has an attitude (and jaw line) that says that she is an adult, who thinks like an adult, and like adult things. I remember first getting into her and seeing those pin-up poses she did for god knows what, where she was baring a lot of her skin, or being typically Maxim-esque, and it just really struck me as odd. It was like seeing Jackie Kennedy pose for a lad mag. She has slightly dark and neurotic humor, and even during theaudience days and the Posh Versus Posher debacle, she still somehow seemed much more grown up than most children her age.

For what it's worth while I liked the red, the blonde cheapened her looks. Her dark hair is a bit like a woman wearing a little black dress: it draws attention to her natural beauty by taking the focus off of something silly like the obvious peroxide in her hair. The dark is good.

12. Re: Sophie Ellis Bextor - Bittersweet (lead single from 4th album - feb 2010)

She's just tweeted that she's filming the video for ....Feeling in France and Bittersweet in London both next week.

13. Don´t think just 'hot' would describe Sophie - she´s more than that. There´s hot, and a step higher (for me): beautiful. That she is, she´s classy.

14. In a little bad news, Sophie is only doing one press day for Bittersweet. And she keeps putting it back. Oh dear.

15. Re: Sophie Ellis Bextor - Bittersweet (lead single from 4th album - feb 2010)

Good - hoping for something spectacular (something makes me think I won´t be disappointed).

16. How do you know that?

That wouldn´t be too smart since it´s (at least) an European release.

17. I work in the press.

Just sucks that she keeps pushing it back. For what reason?!

18. Re: Sophie Ellis Bextor - Bittersweet (lead single from 4th album - feb 2010)

So next week bittersweet? fingers crossed!

19. Re: Sophie Ellis Bextor - Bittersweet (lead single from 4th album - feb 2010)

I think there probably will be a CD single, although I can't imagine them turning a profit on it.

Anything even approaching Girls Can't Catch's glorious arrangement for 'Echo' - http://www.girlscantcatch.com/news.php?item=177 - would be a real bonus.

I think at the least because of the sheer volume of recorded (and leaked) tracks that are around, plus the TTLF precedent, original B-sides are something to reasonably expect. Anything even 10% as amazing as 'Down With Love' would be welcomed.

20. She is recording a video for Just Can't Fight This Feeling also... the wait is semi worth it then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.