Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Make A Scene | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Make A Scene

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by kaushik, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - 4th album (this September) NOT GH ALBUM!!

OK how about... ONLY IN YOUR SLEEP

2. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - 4th album (this September) NOT GH ALBUM!!

'in the shit' ... that at least rhymes!

3. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - 4th album (this September) NOT GH ALBUM!!

Marginal. Getting there, though.

4. vasilios

vasilios Guest

I am sure Gina G, Lisa Scott Lee and Samantha Mumba have said similar thing in the past too, though.

5. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - 4th album (this September) NOT GH ALBUM!!

Aw, you can't lump poor Sophie with all those washed up one hit wonders! She's had a lot of hits!

6. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Gina G has had 6, Lisa Scott Lee had MILLIONS with Steps, solo and her fab collaborations, and Samantha Mumba had 5, all Top Ten hits!

7. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - 4th album (this September) NOT GH ALBUM!!

Yes but I and three other people on the board still LIKE Sophie. Which makes all the difference, you see.

8. vasilios

vasilios Guest

I am pretty sure you can find 3 people that love Gina G, Lisa Scott Lee and Samantha Mumba, too, here. Let's see...

3 People who still like Gina G, Lisa Scott Lee & Samantha Mumba
    (or at least like them as much as Sophie Ellis Bextor) List TM

01. Vasilios
    02. ...........
    03. ...........

Go on!

9. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - 4th album (this September) NOT GH ALBUM!!

I'd be another to add to that list...okay maybe not so much into Samantha Mumba but LSL and the G rock my little pink socks.

10. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - 4th album (this September) NOT GH ALBUM!!

Oh come on... Sophie is waaaaaaaay sexier than those 3!!!

Haha... nice one!!! I'm sure the 4th album is going to come out....sometime...
    Seriously..... what would you call it....

11. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - 4th album (this September) NOT GH ALBUM!!

add me to that list, i still like all of them

12. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - 4th album (this September) NOT GH ALBUM!!

Her official website is down.

…Are we worried?

13. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - 4th album (this September) NOT GH ALBUM!!

That happens everytime they re-vamp it according to the upcoming album... so you could probably expect a fresh design by the end of this month or so, the website will be back shortly, with the old forum design etc., and suddenly one day they will put up the new theme and stuff...

Meanwhile..
    Oh and did you guys read how Sophie saved the day after Ms. Osbourne backed out of Djing?? Yay Sophie!!!

All that DJing paid off eh....

14. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - 4th album (this September) NOT GH ALBUM!!

Sophie Ellis-Bextor to Play Hamilton Park

13/05/2008

Disco pop queen Sophie Ellis-Bextor has been unveiled as Hamilton Park Racecourse’s star performer at this Friday’s big event, Braveheart Night (16 May 2008).

The 28-year-old, who has had three hit albums and famously beat Victoria Beckham to the number one single slot in 2000 with Groovejet, will play an exclusive gig for Hamilton Park punters after Friday night’s racing.

Sophie is the latest in a line of pop stars to visit the popular Lanarkshire track in association with Clyde One in recent years following the likes of Jason Donovan, Dannii Minogue, and Sandy Thom.

Her best known hit so far, Murder on the Dancefloor, stayed in the charts for 23 weeks and was Europe's most played song of 2002. Last year she supported George Michael on his UK tour and recently became the face of make-up company Rimmel London.

Alastair Warwick, Hamilton Park’s outgoing chief executive, described Sophie’s signing as “another feather in the cap†for the racecourse as an entertainment venue.

He said: “We’re delighted that Sophie is joining us on Friday for what promises to be a tremendous evening of horseracing and entertainment. We’re as much about entertainment as we are about racing at Hamilton Park and have made a real effort to bring top names to the town in recent years.

“Sophie is major name in the pop world and is the first of three high profile concerts we’re putting on free this year to entertain our race fans.â€

In addition to the top quality entertainment on offer, Braveheart Night offers some significant horseracing with the highlight being the famous £35,000 Glasgow Stakes and the £30,000 McGrattan Piling Braveheart Stakes, both Class 1 Listed races.

Gates open for Braveheart Night at 4.20pm with the first of six races being at 6.20pm. Tickets are available on the night or in advance on www.hamilton-park.co.uk or by calling 01698 283 806.

The full race card is as follows:

6.20pm, The Chard Construction EBF Maiden Stakes 6.50pm, The Brandon Homes William Wallace Handicap Stakes 7.25pm, The Glasgow Stakes 8.00pm, The Luddon Construction Maiden Stakes 8.35pm, The McGrattan Piling Braveheart Stakes 9.05pm, The hamilton-park.co.uk Handicap Stakes
    ends.

15. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - new face of Rimmel London.. concert in Hamilton Park

She couldn't have deeper crows feet if a gardener took a rake to her face - the face of Albert Square more like. At least she has an amazing voice to fall back on.

16. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - new face of Rimmel London.. concert in Hamilton Park

"Gives her face character."

17. Ray

Ray

God this is a really miserable sentence.

18. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - new face of Rimmel London.. concert in Hamilton Park

You must be joking..... she's gorgeous, despite the "wide face" that people keep commenting about. She's got an amazing bone structure...eye popping cheekbones, a sharp jawline... have you not seen the TAKE ME HOME video???

19. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - new face of Rimmel London.. concert in Hamilton Park

She's very pretty and striking up close and her 'crows feet' make Kate Moss' lines look the fricking Grand Canyon.

20. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - new face of Rimmel London.. concert in Hamilton Park

She was out in Ghetto a couple of weeks back and I have to say she looked stunning. She is very beautiful in real life, she was also really nice to everyone that came up to her. So I like her now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.