Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Make A Scene | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Make A Scene

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by kaushik, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - new face of Rimmel London.. concert in Hamilton Park

Yes! I was there and spoke to her. She was lovely. Did you see her amazing hands dance to 'Gimme More'

I didn't spend all night looking at her by the way....

2. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - new face of Rimmel London.. concert in Hamilton Park

She does have flawless skin... I've always admired her for it.

3. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - new face of Rimmel London.. concert in Hamilton Park

There's really no comparison between her and the drugged up old hag that is Kate Moss. She sickens me.

4. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - new face of Rimmel London.. concert in Hamilton Park

Whoa......things like this should be recorded. You're so lucky you get to see Sophie live and stuff....
    Kate used to look okay before. Now she looks like a sewer rat...with squint eyes, horrible teeth and that pug nose! *pukes*

5. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - recording a duet with Posh Spice for new album?

Do you really think this is going to happen??? Personally, i wish it does not. Victoria CANNOT sing!!!!! What's wrong with Sophie??

Dan from The Feeling is keen on doing a duet with her, but it won't feature on her album if they do "Don't You Want Me". Plus i don't think i'd want to hear Sophie singing "i was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar"?!?!?!?!?! Something more mature, even if its not upbeat.

6. someboy0716

someboy0716 Guest

Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - recording a duet with Posh Spice for new album?

Actually, I cannot think of match more made in pop heaven than Sophie and Victoria. If you really think about it, it could be absolutely amazing. If you're not convinced, listen to Let Your Head Go; if you're still not convinced, well you probably will be so it doesn't matter....

7. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - recording a duet with Posh Spice for new album?

I would like to hear that. It would be really good or it would suck shit out of my ass.

8. Charley

Charley Staff Member

I don't believe Victoria would ever forgive Sophie for keeping her off number 1 and the subsequent paparazzi shots.

9. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - recording a duet with Posh Spice for new album?

Pale and tall vs. short and orange. It might work…

10. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - recording a duet with Posh Spice for new album?

You forgot "the real posh and the real girl aloud" vs. "wannabe"

I wonder what the song would be about???
    [​IMG]

I've listened to that song tons of times before. Its just okay. Overproduced really. Victoria is not the strongest of the Spices, in terms of voice, really. Geri, Emma and Mel C have always been brilliant. Victoria is just mental and freakishly thin...i still remember the first time i watched that video, i thought she was going to put all the normal sized people on earth (who are not a size 0) into a boat and bomb it or something....she's so crazy. And even in that video, she shows the freak that she really is. I've never liked her. Sophie deserved that #1 and she got it.

Anyway, i'd prefer Sophie doing a duet with Kylie Minogue if she wants to do one. Or maybe even Gwen Stefani...

11. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - recording a duet with Posh Spice for new album?

at the current success rate, she'll have to settle for a duet with lisa scott lee.

victoria doesn't like being infected with failure.

12. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - recording a duet with Posh Spice for new album?

Sophie is HUUUUUGE! Vic is barely known outside the UK. You must be joking!!!

13. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - recording a duet with Posh Spice for new album?

God help everyone else if Sophie Ellis-Bextor is getting slagged off because of her appearance! Sophie has always looked stunningly beautiful and I've never seen her look crap... ever! But maybe that's because she's not in the papers very much. I dunno.

14. someboy0716

someboy0716 Guest

Actually, I think most people in the States now would know who Victoria is. Of course she's not the strongest in terms of voice, but she still commands a wide amount of interest, which is something Sophie could only benefit from, if this ends up being true anyways.

15. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - recording a duet with Posh Spice for new album?

True, but thats only because of her husband. Noone cares about her music.

Anyway, back to Sophie.... Here's a little interview - http://www.kenttv.com/programmes.php?PID=1247

I hate it when she always says "she's not allowed to talk about it". She's got so much going, and its always such a big secret. Well she's planning a surprise for us, i hope it doesn't get spoiled..

At the hamilton races, Sophie had a tight list:
    1. Catch You
    2. Take Me Home
    3. Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
    4. Get Over You
    5. Groovejet
    6. Murder On The Dancefloor
    Someone said the videos for these will be up here shortly - www.youtube.com/user/peter69696969 ... so keep watching that space..
    Nice to see she's doing stuff from all eras. Although i'd love to see her sing "Love It Is Love" and "You Get Yours" live. Those would be amazing.

Oh and..
    same guy who's recorded the videos posted this on the official site

16. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - recording a duet with Posh Spice for new album?

17. tommie

tommie Guest

Are you kidding? Sophie's last album barely sold 35k and her last cross-over European hit was over 5 years ago. Victoria was in one of the biggest girl group of all time!

18. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - recording a duet with Posh Spice for new album?

Without the Spice Girls, she is nothing..... She's a hopeless popstar. I still stand for what i said, she is known only because of her husband and the spice girls.

Sophie's last album only sold smaller number of copies because of the current "illegal download" trend. Not all her fans have the album, i know quite a few who just downloaded it off, cos its a little expensive for them... (even though thats not a genuine reason). You cannot call Sophie's album a flop because it manage to get amazing reviews from the media and just blog search for the album. You will find shit loads of compliments about the album... Even popjustice had her 3 singles on "singles of the year" or w/e. Sophie is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more talented than more than 3/4ths of the pop acts in UK. She's not a cheap sell out like most popstars are in the world today, she doesn't rely on skin show for her songs to sell, she picks the most amazing people to work with, and even if she does screw up something, she sends in an apology in the best way.

Anyway, i think the debate about who is more popular can end here.

Sophie has 3 albums worth material this time to sing when she tours. I wonder which ones she'll pick though, apart from the singles and the new songs, obviously. She's bound to sing "Murder on the dancefloor" and "groovejet", which i personally think she should stop. She keeps marketing herself with only those two songs. Sure, there are no other songs that did THAT well, but she's still got some more hits, which are popular. Mixed Up World for example, that song stormed the radios, Get Over You and Catch You as well.

I wish her tour set list would be something like this:
    Heartbreak Make Me A Dancer, Off & On, new song, Groovejet, new song, new song, Get Over You, new song, Love It Is Love, New York City Lights, Mixed Up World, Today The Sun's On Us, new song, If I Can't Dance, Murder On The Dancefloor, and some cover.
    16 tracks... then again, there still are other brilliant songs like Take Me Home, I Won't Change You, Me And My Imagination, Music Gets The Best Of Me which she needs to sing..and oh... You Get Yours and Supersonic as well, those two would be AMAZING live!!!

19. Re: Sophie Ellis-Bextor - recording a duet with Posh Spice for new album?

I'm sorry but saying something is not a flop because it got good reviews is stupid. Speaking of stupid... the topic title is ridiculous cos of one throwaway comment she made. Didn't Posh say she wouldn't sing again anyway? You should just call this topic the general Sophie... topic rather than renaming it all the time!

20. To say Victoria is only famous for her husband and the Spice Girls is just so stupid....and is like saying Ben & Jerrys is only famous for making Ice Cream....

Anyway I was with Sophie all weekend (CLANG) as we were both performing at the Life Ball in Vienna (well she was there with The Feeling)...I was chatting about singles and stuff and Off and On looks to be the first single and I also asked her why she didn't want If You Go as a single as it's so single worthy and she said she definatly DID want it as a single but it just didn't happen...so that clears up all that about her hating it etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.