Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Make A Scene

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SockMonkey

But there's no album coming out! Isn't that what you absolutely and totally insisted and called us all idiots for believing otherwise?

RebirthTime said:
"Starlight" is one of her best singles in years (except "Bittersweet" which was brilliant). Did you guys see that her sales on Amazon.co.uk are huge?? When i checked last night i promise you she was close to the Top 100. Seems like lots of people pre-ordered it already and still do. It looks like the album will not be a flop at all in the UK. I doubt that she will have longvity, but a good first week, even Top 10 with promotion in May/June.

Oh.. Hello Stranger. I have two words for you...
WAKE UP!

Now who's hungry? I have a delicious slice of Humble Pie for you, Rebirth Time

ReRe is our prodigal son, everyone. Be kind.

I am slightly bothered by the fact that the listings for the album on Amazon/Play/HMV all say "Bittersweet (featuring the Freemasons)" – does this rankle anyone else? It was a solo single! She released one solo single in four years! It is important to me that that is ACKNOWLEDGED!

R

RebirthTime

I only say i should tell myself to "WAKE UP" more often. I am sorry! :)
But let's just be happy we get this record, it looks like it can be successful for a short time and that's cool. But for me - i was totally sure it would NEVER come out. I was really sure about this. Sophie reads all the comments on here and maybe i gave her that extra boost to lift her fingers more often to get it out there finally.

makeasceneiii.png

Nunya B said:
I am slightly bothered by the fact that the listings for the album on Amazon/Play/HMV all say "Bittersweet (featuring the Freemasons)" – does this rankle anyone else? It was a solo single! She released one solo single in four years! It is important to me that that is ACKNOWLEDGED!

Noticed that, too. First thought she was gonna use the freemasons mix on the album, but that wouldn't make sense. Maybe it's just some xtra info for the retailers track listing, which won't read on the actual album? Or maybe we speculate and just have to wait and see... Though I agree, it was her solo single. Well, the album version was... Shut me up, please?

OH.MY.GOD

I've just found the full on HQ of STARLIGHT!!!
It's even more beautiful with everything crisp and clear! You can hear more of the synth in the background than you'd hear from the LQ track. I am happy! *repeats track*

Leon said:
OH.MY.GOD

It's even more beautiful with everything crisp and clear! You can hear more of the synth in the background than you'd hear from the LQ track. I am happy! *repeats track*

Yay. (Edit) Would someone prettypleasewithsugarontop leak 'Cut Straight to the Heart' so I could end it's nonstop playing in my head? I haven't been this excited since Kylie's Aphrodite sampler... which was nothing compared to this.

Makke said:
Leon said:
OH.MY.GOD

Yay. Someone leak 'Cut Straight to the Heart' so I could end it's nonstop playing in my head? I haven't been this excited since Kylie's Aphrodite sampler... which was nothing compared to this.

It leaked of you wish it leaked?

11amlunch said:
Makke said:
Leon said:
OH.MY.GOD

Yay. Someone leak 'Cut Straight to the Heart' so I could end it's nonstop playing in my head? I haven't been this excited since Kylie's Aphrodite sampler... which was nothing compared to this.

It leaked of you wish it leaked?

Wish. Sorry it's 2:30am here and my english is not so very bad. Monday should set us all free. Except those who want to wait till June. I won't.

Am I the only one who thinks that vocals in "Under Your Touch" are situated too low? I mean they seem to be weighed down by the music.

I am going to make a video for Starlight using the initial Roundhouse performance. I played the avi and mp3 file at the same interval of the song and it fits perfectly, it's amazing how on cue Sophie is when comparing a studio recording with a live performance.

wodnym said:
Am I the only one who thinks that vocals in "Under Your Touch" are situated too low? I mean they seem to be weighed down by the music.

Sadly you're not. (Judging from the previews) I think both UYT and DMN have too low vocals which seem to drown under all the synths'n'stuff. I wouldn't want to remove anything from the music, just increase her vocals to sound more audible. Both songs sound acceptable nevertheless.

Revolution on the other hand sounds better after each listen. I'm still bitter it's not as bassy-sounding as in those album chart show clips, but it's growing on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.