Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Songs From The Kitchen Disco | Page 1155 | The Popjustice Forum

Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Songs From The Kitchen Disco

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Dazzle, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Sophie Ellis-Bextor is a great artist and presence. It was utterly lovely to meet her in 2014. You can't not like her. Ed should go though.

2. Island

Island Staff Member

I honestly prefer Familia to Wanderlust tho ddd.

3. I think we are all ready for Sophie to go back to a sound more akin to Trip The Light Fantastic, maybe with slightly darker lyrics and less corporate imprinting, a bit more left of field, but definitely that pure electro-pop sound which, in my opinion, nobody in the music world does better than our Sophie.
    She should go back to something more in the direction of Today The Sun's On Us, Catch You, If You Go, China Heart... But with an updated sound.
    It would be nice as the next release after the orchestral album.

biffy77, New Flame, Verandi and 2 others like this.
  4. It would be nice if I were wrong, but I really don't think that is ever going to happen and think it is only setting yourself up for disappointment to expect it to happen. She's on a vastly reduced budget and she doesn't have the same access to co-writers she once did. And more importantly, she doesn't appear to be affected by the same things that push other musicians in her age cohort toward electronic production.

D_ni, New Flame, Crisp X and 4 others like this.
  5. I have this feeling that the third album she was thinking about doing with Ed simply morphed into The Song Diaries and she will change style again at the next step. Trip is an album that literally happens once in a lifetime so I made peace with that fact already. I wouldn't mind another album where she just goes wild like she did in Hip though.

kaushik and londonrain like this.
  6. This.

muddleddreams and Verandi like this.
  7. Same but Familia is like a 5/10, so it's not exactly a huge compliment.

8. Island

Island Staff Member

I honestly think Familia is her best album even tho Trip is my fav ddd.

*drinks bloody mary*

9. Hello Ed Harcourt.

LPT, tylerc904, londonrain and 5 others like this.
  10. Oh I know. I was just saying that probably many fans were hoping for something along those lines and they would be ready for it. But yes, near to impossible for it to actually happen.

11. Oh by the way, I had almost forgotten the funniest thing Sophie said during her concert:
    "It's been my lifetime dream to be able to sing with an orchestra, and the best part is when I realised that to make my dream come true I just had to pay for it!"
    Or something along those lines. Amazing! Stand-up comedy Sophie, I salute you!

12. Sis.

tylerc904 and Island like this.
  13. Replace Trip with Hip and I agree.

kaushik likes this.
  14. Island

Island Staff Member

i'm wild forever

Santi319 and kaushik like this.
  15. Me too.

Island likes this.
  16. If anyone is interested I got clips of pretty much all of the songs from Wednesday night (the quality should improved soon, it's only recently been uploaded!)
    Also, did anyone know if this was being filmed. from where I saw sat, to my left in one of the boxes, there was a man with a camera and a screen, which looked like it was being filmed, but it was the only camera I could see in the venue?

17. Young Blood was the highlight of the evening for me, it was beyond beautiful. I did only see the one camera man on the left so I'd guess it wasn't really for anything other than her footage/the screen outside the theatre.

18. Thank you so much! I am not able to attend unfortunately, so I do like this footage. Today The Sun's On Us sounds glorious.

londonrain likes this.
  19. Randomly found this, I wonder if Sophie has seen it?

20. Well that was something...

lushLuck likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.