Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Songs From The Kitchen Disco | Page 21 | The Popjustice Forum

Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Songs From The Kitchen Disco

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by popdorian, Mar 25, 2020.

1. 'Making Music' and 'I Won't Dance With You' would be perfect.

If You Go, nikkysan and Verandi like this.
  2. Those two being UK exclusives was a hate crime. It must be said.

3. I love Making Music! I’ve spent so long trying to figure out what exactly she’s saying during the spoken bridge, but no lyrics seem to have that covered.

4. Easy easy, 1 2 3
    Simple sum of you and me
    Two to one, yours or mine
    Making eyes and reading minds
    Reading signals, reading lips
    Everybody move your hips
    I’ve got your number, I see the sign
    You want, I want, let’s colllide.

5. I didn't realize there were so many "I Won't Change You" diehards.

6. It's a feel good song! And has that Gregg Alexander signature sound like "Mixed Up World". I think that's why a lot of people like it. It's a classic for some of us.

If anyone can pull off the "cheesy" lyrics Sophie would. (If that's the reason she doesn't like the song). I think the lyrics are iconic. My favourite always has to be "I tried to change a tyre but I'm not that way inclined".

China_Heart, sinner, biffy77 and 2 others like this.
  7. Yes! I would love to hear Sophie sing "Another Day" too for the Kitchen Disco. Seems fitting for these times we currently live in.

biffy77 and lushLuck like this.
  8. "Party in My Head" would work, lyrically.

biffy77, Staticboombox, mpl and 8 others like this.
  9. Another one "I can die and go to heaven happy" if she sang.

Guyhawke! likes this.
  10. mpl

mpl

11. mpl likes this.
  12. With all the good promo she’s been getting, I hope she can finish her album soon after the lockdown and release it by the end of the year.

HushLittleVoices, biffy77 and mpl like this.
  13. Island

Island Staff Member

That’s amazing promo.

mpl likes this.
  14. If I were her I'd put the whole Trip album in the 2-hours playlist. Force feed the British public with your best album and push it to a silver certification queen.

Crisp X, Stewart, SockMonkey and 11 others like this.
  15. Soph and Ed performed "When The Lost Don't Want To Be Found" - you can watch it on Ed's IGTV. Some amazing harmonizing by Sophie. Well done, both!

mpl likes this.
  16. I would like to implement permanent social distancing rules for Ed and Sophie.

Stewart, biffy77, Amnesia and 13 others like this.
  17. I was taking part on a Zoom quiz last night and one of the questions was 'Which famous singer was a Blue Peter presenter?', which I was very surprised to find out it was our SEB. Is this common knowledge and I'm just a massive flop-fan?

18. Her mum, Janet Ellis, was a Blue Peter presenter.

19. Oh, maybe I misunderstood the question then. I'd had a few beers by the time the music round came on.

Mikal likes this.
  20. Not, Sophie doing a 2 hour concert on Monday from the kitchen...

must have got the childcare sorted.

colour me excited.

lushLuck likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.