Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Songs From The Kitchen Disco | Page 27 | The Popjustice Forum

Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Songs From The Kitchen Disco

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by popdorian, Mar 25, 2020.

1. 2020 just won’t let up being completely shitty

2. Looks very nasty. Hope she's on the mend soon.

Bet she's also kind of glad she's not got anymore Kitchen Discos to worry about in the near future. I will certainly miss them though.

biffy77, popdorian and If You Go like this.
  3. Oh my god! All those bruises look nasty! I really hope she makes a full recovery soon. Poor Sophie!

biffy77 and If You Go like this.
  4. Poor Sophie, that looks like a really nasty accident.

I also find the BBC report so strange. What does her age have to do with this? Do they put ages if it's a male celebrity?

"You were so calm, thoughtful and reassuring," wrote the 41-year-old. "I hope you see this message as I didn't get your details. You're all lovely people."

biffy77 likes this.
  5. I saw this on Facebook, I feel really bad for her! Hoping she makes a quick recovery. I’ve loved her Friday night kitchen discos.

biffy77 likes this.
  6. Fuck that looks awful, I feel terrible for her. She was also an absolute joy with her kitchen discos.

biffy77 likes this.
  7. Oh no, poor Sophie! Hope she makes a speedy recovery!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2020
    biffy77 and If You Go like this.
  8. Did I dream this or?
    Did Sophie upload a picture of herself last night? It looked like she was sat out on a bench, slight sun on her face and a little make up very clearly masking some scratches and bruises. Alongside the picture was quite a lengthy paragraph. I didn't read the post as I was at a socially distanced birthday party. However I now can't find it. Has she deleted it or were the cocktails just that little too strong?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  9. mpl

mpl

I think you might be thinking of a post Richard made yesterday, the picture was taken just before the accident.

10. Thanks! Although now I feel bad as she obviously didn't have bruises yet in the pictures. How rude of me

mpl and bonnieetclyde like this.

11. I'm so glad she's capitalizing on the opportunity she created for herself. Was genuinely concerned she might not.

Sunny B, Jacques, Crisp X and 18 others like this.
  12. The best opportunity would have been to shove out a new song the week after. Considering she was getting anything from 3-5k people watching each week, I'm sure she could have got a decent chart placing if she had released a new single.

Sunny B, Island, BrokenHearts and 4 others like this.
  13. Spotify aren’t going to playlist a Sophie Ellis Bextor song so it wouldn’t have gotten anywhere near the top 100. A mini tour would be the best option to consolidate her new found popularity.

14. I agree, but a tour isn't going to happen until mid-late 2021 so by then is she still going to have that 'new found popularity'?

15. Announce it now so people can buy tickets.

biffy77 likes this.
  16. I just don't think these new 'casual fans' (if we can call them that) would pre-order stuff a year in advance. They might pick up a ticket last minute but they aren't going to be chomping at the bit for something a year away.

This spotlight on her, after the kitchen discos, isn't something that's going to just remain long-term. It's a sort of flash-in-the-pan moment and I think you're either quick to then use that as an opportunity to put stuff out and nurture that interest and hope it snowballs or you don't.

I'm sure they'll be a few new followers to her social media and some extra people interested in her music but to me it feels a little bit like a wasted opportunity to not at least have something in the pipeline sooner rather than later.

But I'm sounding very cynical. Let's hope that whenever she does release new music that more people will be here for it and she can have a hit album on her hands once again.

17. Normal people yes, but British people definitely do buy things / tickets in advance, even for simple stuff / gigs.

mylesofsmiles93 and Mikey1701 like this.
  18. I think now would be a good time to put out a Greatest Hits that wasn't orchestral. Get those proper disco beats flowing. People might jump on board. Couple it with a "kitchen disco tour", I could see it being successful for her.

LPT, Jacques, vinegar-tits and 3 others like this.
  19. Island

Island Staff Member

Everyone’s been doing tour pre-orders for next year now anyways. What’s the difference with Sophie. There’s an interest in her and she’s actually working on a proper album so maybe that’ll be out in time too.

tripmywire, vinegar-tits and biffy77 like this.
  20. Also - maybe I see things differently not being in her home territory - but it is delicate work to figure out how to make the most of this opportunity since it ultimately came from, you know, crisis, death, disease, sickness, suffering. I want her to cash in! Just not in the "wrong" way.

aaronhansome, Island, Jacques and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.