Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Songs From The Kitchen Disco | Page 44 | The Popjustice Forum

Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Songs From The Kitchen Disco

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by popdorian, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Quite bummed that the cover of Our House isn't going to be on it. It's a good setlist for her Kitchen Disco shows next year though.

2. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Is Groovejet 2020 much different to the original do we know??? The classics though!!

Runawaywithme likes this.
  3. With the title being "Songs From The Kitchen Disco" I was sort of especting it to be a little more of...well, that, than simply a greatest hits. But I'm happy for the new additions anyways. I'm not familiar with the original "Crying At The Discotheque" so its basically a new song for me.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  4. Sophie has been replying to some questions regarding the track listing on Instagram in case anyone is interested...

682BF07B-6B4C-4C65-B788-B1404CDD35EA.png
    F6DFB0E7-B27F-439E-8732-5739BFF316B3.png

5. But Madonna allowed those horrific Madhouse covers and that camp Live To Tell years ago?

Robbietoxic, mpl, Deer Stop and 10 others like this.
  6. All Saints / BBC Radio 2 were able to release a cover of Like a Prayer on a compilation a couple of years ago too.

SlowBurn likes this.
  7. Hmm, I'm not too fussed on the tracklist. I really didn't want the slower songs on there and wanted more covers actually. Also live tracks is disappointing.
    I'm going to stick with Spotify and cancel my vinyl order - still intrigued by the new version of Groovejet though.

8. She allowed Annie to sample Everybody. I think? Or she just didn't care because she's so niche ddd.

Deer Stop likes this.
  9. Horrific, but still bopping.

Wishlight, Subspace88 and blaze_dave like this.
  10. Sampling is a different beast, but yes. Also Dannii.

LPT, Wishlight, Timbo and 1 other person like this.
  11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Wait what was the Live To Tell one?

Wishlight likes this.

relby, mpl, Wishlight and 2 others like this.
  13. As long as she wasn’t altering the lyrics or melody etc (which I highly doubt she would be) then she could cover and release literally any song she wanted, so she’s straight up lying there ddd.

Mikal, Wishlight, inevitable and 2 others like this.
  14. And Susan Boyle. I mean.

SlowBurn likes this.
  15. I feel like I’m one of the few that wanted nothing to do with covers and is just excited to now have all these songs in vinyl.

16. Yeah or the kid in charge of song clearance played Animal Crossing too much the day Warner called back.

londonrain, mpl, Wishlight and 3 others like this.
  17. Spiller still being so uptight about the rights to the only song people know him for 20 years on to the point the literal singer from the original can't release it without having to re-record it...

18. I love how she explained why she didn't sing "I Won't Change You" during the kitchen discos, but didn't explain why she left it off the album. Her hatred for it is honestly (very mildly) iconic.

19. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah I find this quite bizar. What is he getting out of that?

topopMAC1 likes this.
  20. Slightly disappointed with the track listing and lack of new material but will still stan.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.