Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Songs From The Kitchen Disco | Page 55 | The Popjustice Forum

Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Songs From The Kitchen Disco

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by popdorian, Mar 25, 2020.

1. While we wait for the video that Sophie filmed at various venues, I found this mash-up of various moments from the Kitchen Disco. I'm not sure if this has been posted before.. I think it's really well done!

mpl, vinegar-tits and strictmachine79 like this.
  2. I don't think it has been mentioned but Amazon have a signed CD version of the album for sale at £10.99, which is a pound more than the unsigned version www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08L4GMNF6

strictmachine79 likes this.
  3. Series 2 of Spinning Plates is out now, starting with someone hopefully less bigoted than the last guest, Nadiya Hussain of Bake Off. It kind of perturbs me that she got this done so quickly when she is so slow with music, but good for her.

aaronhansome and AndrewX like this.
  4. I'm assuming these interviews were already conducted before. Who knows!

I just finished listening to the new podcast. She mostly interviews people whose books she has read. I wonder if that will inspire her to write a book too.

5. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Only just noticed: why are Bittersweet and Heartbreak the wrong way around when all other songs are in chronological order?

V3RYP05H likes this.
  6. I can only imagine it's to annoy us.

7. So... @Nunya B, as it turns out, Sophie fulfilled your request from 10 years ago.

On the Soap From The Box podcast, Sophie clarified that Jewels & Stone produced Crying At The Discotheque. A couple weeks back, I posted here that Hannah (Robinson) responded to my tweet saying it was produced by The Alias.

I have only just learnt that Julian Gingell & Barry Stone go by the names The Alias and Jewels & Stone.

Jewels & Stone have also produced Duel and Yes Sir, I Can Boogie. I would LOVE a covers EP with more J&S produced covers by Sophie.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    LPT, mpl, Jacques and 7 others like this.
  8. Seeing this finally appear on iTunes for pre-order makes me happy. Did Sophie and Richard threaten to cancel Christmas if Kit didn't upload it?

mpl, Jacques, andru and 6 others like this.
  9. Crying at the Discotheque is a triumph for The Alias. I'm hoping that the What the Future Holds (Steps) album is as perfectly produced as it.

kaushik likes this.

10. She talks about a video coming this week in one of the comments. It might be for Crying at the a Discoteque?.

11. I guess that means it won't be pushed back again. Kudos Sophie, kudos.

Chips111 and BrokenHearts like this.
  12. Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    strictmachine79 likes this.
  13. True Faith looks to be the next song released from Kitchen Disco.

upload_2020-10-26_15-14-43.png

Pre-save: https://se-b.lnk.to/truefaith

Not too exciting for most of us, but it'll be nice to have it on download/streaming again (or, finally? I'm not sure if it ever was...)

Robbietoxic, sinner and lushLuck like this.
  14. That font is really killing me

Verandi, Uno and inevitable like this.
  15. I don't know why but I really don't hate the cover or the font. It just works for what this project is all about. That sort of cut n paste cheap aesthetic is really what her kitchen disco was. Had this have been some glossy photoshoot it just wouldn't feel appropriate somehow.

mpl, topopMAC1, Subspace88 and 6 others like this.
  16. It has definitely grown on me!

kaushik and bonnieetclyde like this.
  17. Everyone set their reminders:

LPT, 4Roses, wolfgangna and 21 others like this.
  18. It’s out now !

Deer Stop likes this.
  19. mpl

mpl

And the award for best lockdown video goes to Sophie! Perfect for the song and capturing the moment. Who says you can’t make a brilliant video on a budget?!

4Roses, Shocked, wolfgangna and 13 others like this.
  20. Great video, just sad about the emptiness of all those venues and stadiums. It hits home really hard.

wolfgangna, michaelhird, mpl and 6 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.