Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Songs From The Kitchen Disco | Page 64 | The Popjustice Forum

Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Songs From The Kitchen Disco

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by popdorian, Mar 25, 2020.

1. When I met her in the Union Chapel after the Wanderlust Tour, she signed my 'Me And My Imagination' single and I think she also drew some fishes and bubbles.

LPT, Jacques, Island and 5 others like this.
  2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Do those compilations really chart because people play them as a whole or just because they feature songs that are heavily playlisted (cause they're the hits)?

ohaimanabu, Yuri and lushLuck like this.
  3. I got a lovely signing from Sophie on my Wanderlust vinyl after her concert.
    4DE0E933-74B4-4249-B2AD-F33474E201D2.jpeg

LPT, Robert, aaronhansome and 14 others like this.
  4. Oh no, sorry to hear that. You're not having much success with Townsend. Hope it all gets sorted for you.

Jacques likes this.
  5. TMI

TMI

Is there any difference in the packaging between the blue and the pink vinyle editions apart from the color ? The pink bundle is sold out in the official store.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  6. Neither am I. I bought the pink bundle x1 ...I've been charged twice and they've sent 2 bundles. Confused. I wonder if I'll get a refund and get to keep the extra. Fingers crossed haha.

ohaimanabu and blaze_dave like this.
  7. Weird, it's on US Spotify and Apple Music.

ohaimanabu and Josh like this.
  8. Think it’s either a US licence that’s still valid or the US licence holder has forgotten to take it down now their licence is up!

9. 'If You Go is terrible, thanks bye xx'

mpl, Island, Indigo and 3 others like this.
  10. Love this. During the Familia album signing at HMV she added Mickey Mouse ears onto herself for my CD.

andru and AshtrayHeart like this.
  11. Loving this... Groovejet is a really faithful rework of the original, and wow, what a stellar back catalogue of hits she has.

Apparently she’s on course for a top 10 which would be true pop justice.

TeamSats2012, Island, Timbo and 9 others like this.
  12. TMI

TMI

She deserves a top 5. Is it likely to happen ?

13. Tim’s been really delivering on these lately for me. He’s had Kylie, Wendy James and now Sophie on amongst others.

bonnieetclyde, JonBcn and SlowBurn like this.
  14. This is great. I’m sad that she’s still paying dust to I Won’t Change You, though.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    Island, Daniel L, sinner and 3 others like this.
  15. Didn't she mention on Instagram that they weren't able to get the rights to include it? (Very weird)

16. Ah okay! I did think it was odd that she would have snubbed it.

17. nn not really. She said she didn't include it in the collection because she couldn't perform it on her Kitchen Disco. And allegedly she couldn't perform it because the masters of Shoot got lost.

Which begs the question: where did the masters of Mixed Up World come from darling?

[​IMG]

Am I still bitter about it?

Yes.

LPT, OspreyQueen, soratami and 12 others like this.
  18. Probably from TV permanence CDs or compilations.
    Was I Won't Change You performed on TV back then?

19. The ultimate scream is that someone uploaded the instrumental to I Won't Change You to YouTube… today.

If I'm allowed to leave the US to see her live next year, I think I'll try to get her to sign my I Won't Change You CD single. I won't actually because that would make me feel too much like a Charli fan but it's what she deserves.

LPT, 4Roses, soratami and 13 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.