Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Songs From The Kitchen Disco | Page 67 | The Popjustice Forum

Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Songs From The Kitchen Disco

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by popdorian, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Received my pink vinyl today in the US, but it doesn’t look like there is a signed set list. Can anyone tell me what it’s supposed to look like? Is it part of the packaging?

2. Eyeshadow queen!

V3RYP05H and topopMAC1 like this.
  3. I’m thinking not to be honest! Probably a limited amount produced. They’ve removed them from her online store completely.

4. It's a piece of A4 card with felt tip pen of a setlist and her signature. It's cute but you're not missing much.

5. I wonder if the setlist is the same for everyone or if some people got Kitchen Discos #2-10?

The package is nice. The unfortunate thing is that it is a bit of an unpleasant reminder that nothing has changed since the Kitchen Discos ended and in many ways things are worse now than before; all the plucky spirit of that period of time is long gone. But I'm sincerely glad she's making some money, and I hope this charts well and keeps her pockets lined and profile visible.

6. I bought the boyfriend the blue vinyl a couple of days ago as a Christmas present only for him to tell me yesterday he bought it ages ago and can't wait to have it. I hope returning is easy...

7. I have to say that I'm very much enjoying having all of the singles in one place. 20 years, my God.

8. ABAE916A-1AE0-476D-9250-A2C60A77472B.jpeg

Doodvid, Jamie, Martyn and 26 others like this.

9. More explanation on Won't Change You...

10. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Okay but IF this is true are the other songs on the albums rerecordings as well?

Sugaboy likes this.
  11. And no photo for the I Won't Change You video (which she "explains" as following the tracklisting of Songs from the Kitchen Disco)! Bless.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

The top right one is Mixed Up World.. right?

Nunya B and Deer Stop like this.
  13. Oh no! I wonder if the Shoot From The Hip masters were lost in the Universal studio fires? There goes the vinyl for that album then.

Push, bonnieetclyde and Runawaywithme like this.
  14. "won't change you"

Getting the title wrong and not using capital letters says it all.

15. 2014

2014 Staff Member

HOW did I never relate the Catch You video to Don't Look Now?? My mind is blown.

Also the video for Murder On The Dancefloor remains utterly iconic and so watchable - it deserves to be much more lauded that it is.

Crisp X, New Flame, lushLuck and 4 others like this.
  16. Yes, I meant (as Sophie would put it) "won't change you."

I also know this is probably overthinking it but it's kind of funny/sinister how she always uses the passive voice when talking about what happened to the masters to Shoot from the Hip. "They were lost", well, who lost them, hmmmm

Jamie, AndrewX, Island and 4 others like this.
  17. she knows.

Jamie, Guyhawke!, Island and 3 others like this.
  18. Didn't she sing 'Mixed Up World' though? What's her excuse for that?

soratami, Verandi and New Flame like this.
  19. Loving these write ups of all the music videos. Wish more people would do that sort of thing!

I think they've done an amazing job with "Groovejet 2020". I'm so glad she has a version that she can finally use and that it's been produced so well (I'd have preferred a slightly different ending though, like the video version).

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    Mvnl and Txetxu like this.
  20. They're not there for me! Meh.
    I have all the tracks somewhere but CBA creating a playlist.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.