Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Songs From The Kitchen Disco | Page 78 | The Popjustice Forum

Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Songs From The Kitchen Disco

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by popdorian, Mar 25, 2020.

1. All I Want For Christmas Is You!

also I just saw "Greetings from Kyiv! Congrats on that belly bump!" in the chat so I wouldn't blame her if she stopped the stream right then and there

Vasilios, K94, AndrewX and 6 others like this.
  2. SHOCKED and ELATED that she did 'I Won't Change You'. The only xmas gift I needed tbh.

3. That’s why she’s put the coat back on

4. I won’t Change You - a Christmas miracle!

5. GAG why wasn’t she wearing this stunning Santa outfit the entire time?

Edit: that didn’t last long. Why does she keep taking off the nice clothes? But Jesus, Dancing Queen!!!!!

Robbietoxic, Deer Stop and wolfgangna like this.
  6. Dancing Queen was a good way to end the last kitchen disco for the year!

wolfgangna and Wallow like this.
  7. Getting both 'If You Go' and 'I Won't Change You' in the kitchen discos this year has pushed gay rights forward at least a decade. Thank you Sophie.

x

8. It seemed to me like she genuinely enjoyed singing I Won’t Change You even while she was dismissing the lyrics the entire time. “At the time I thought the line about the underwear was really good” Haha!

topopMAC1 likes this.
  9. True fan service! We're so blessed having her. "I Won't Change You" sounded lovely and warm. I love that she does seem a little bit fond of the song.

topopMAC1, If You Go and Timbo like this.
  10. I Won't Change You was amazing and her commentary throughout it and disdain at the lyrics only elevated it. I loved that she unearthed the performance version as well so it didn't fade out. Talented Queen raiding those vaults.

11. I need her to raid her vaults and give us many of the unreleased songs. If only she could!

12. Island

Island Staff Member

I’m screaming at her commentary during I Won’t Change You. It actually kinda makes the song more endearing.

13. I never knew it was about Richard, surely he must love the song for that reason alone. They obviously have a successful relationship which kinda makes me wonder why she doesn't perform it more to celebrate that! They're a huge goofy family and it's a huge goofy song.

14. She really is adorable. Honestly between her Kitchen Discos, Tim’s Listening Parties and Low’s Friday instagram gigs they’ve just about kept me sane this year.

what chance we get a New Year one as well...?

15. I'm rooting for 'Nowhere Without You', 'New Flame' and 'Synchronised' for the Valentine's Kitchen Disco.

If You Go, mpl, Timbo and 3 others like this.

16. This is the wholesome content that 2020 finally gave me

17. So was she just lying when she said a few weeks back they couldn’t find the backing track for I Won’t Change You or did she genuinely just stumble on it recently?

topopMAC1 likes this.
  18. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

She at least struggled to find it long enough to not have to put on the CD...

19. I'll still change my backing track if that's all right with you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.