Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Songs From The Kitchen Disco | Page 92 | The Popjustice Forum

Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Songs From The Kitchen Disco

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by popdorian, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Queen of mumbling to herself. I hope she was singing the lyrics to In My Taxi (Supersexy).

Deer Stop, kaushik, AndrewX and 2 others like this.
  2. Kitchen Disco #18 setlist:

Love Is Here
    Music Gets the Best Of Me
    Get Over You
    What a Feeling (Irene Cara cover)
    Groovejet
    Murder

Afterparty: Royals (Lorde cover)

The next Kitchen Disco will be on March 26th.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  3. Uno

Uno

Aww, she just told her son that Love Is Here was written for him when he was born. How sweet.

4. Her cover of Lorde’s song was actually very good!

mpl and Robbietoxic like this.
  5. 'Chew on it but don't pull...said the actress to the Bishop' was the highlight this evening (along with Music Gets the Best of Me).

DirtyMonkey and mpl like this.
  6. Uno

Uno

Does anyone know if she's ever sang The Distance Between Us or What Have We Started during the Kitchen Discos? I'd love to hear them!

7. Love Is Here! Yes! Sounded SO good!

Now if we could just get Synchronised please!

mpl likes this.
  8. mpl

mpl

The first without Take Me Home?!?

Was a really good one tonight!

Txetxu likes this.
  9. I can't wait for her to open for Steps in November. She will struggle to perfect a setlist for that I think.

10. The one before this was without Take Me Home as well and that was undoubtedly, her best

mpl and popdorian like this.
  11. Shoot From the Hip vinyl selling out before Read My Lips and Trip the Light Fantastic? I’m intrigued.

12. JUSTICE!

DirtyMonkey and AshtrayHeart like this.
  13. I'm guessing they must be pressing more for Read My Lips but this is still so impressive. I'm so pleased this is a success for Sophie and even more so @Dark Ballet

14. She hasn't.

Another great Kitchen Disco last night! She and the kids were in such good spirits. 'Love Is Here' was to be expected. 'New Flame' is bound to happen next.

DirtyMonkey and popdorian like this.
  15. It was so good, the set list wasn't quite up there with the legendary Disco #17 but she seemed more carefree.

DirtyMonkey, New Flame and kaushik like this.
  16. Are the any rumours on the tour? Is it really going ahead in May?

17. I can’t see it happening in May but there are a couple of tickets I have for May that haven’t rescheduled yet. Looks like we just need to hold our horses.

18. Her anti-empathetic "Yeah, it was fine" is my mental mood board for 2021

Sugaboy likes this.
  19. If you go on her website some of the dates now say postponed. I think she will reschedule the whole tour for later in the year. Under the current plan theatres can reopen from May 17th and the tour was due to start May 2nd.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.