Sophie Ellis-Bextor - The Song Diaries | Page 72 | The Popjustice Forum

Sophie Ellis-Bextor - The Song Diaries

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by *Leon*, Oct 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anyone going to the London Palladium show tonight? Really looking forward to it. Glad she has a band as well as the orchestra.

TeamSats2012 likes this.
  2. Yes I’ll be attending. Will be my third time seeing the show. When the second act starts with the disco section, the show really comes alive!

Doing the meet and greet as well!

3. Debating whether to go to this, I really want to see her live but I'm a bit unbothered by the whole orchestral thing.

4. While I lost interest after 'Familia' and especially 'The Song Diaries', she's still a great live performer and such a lovely person.

londonrain likes this.
  5. I honestly couldn't recommend it more! I had the best time tonight. The orchestral arrangements REALLY came alive... honestly, it's the best time I've seen her. She was in her element.... sounded amazing, had great stage patter and hearing those songs with an orchestra was unforgettable. I loved how it was split into two different sections too. Really special!

magictreehouse and londonrain like this.
  6. I really hope she’s recording one of these shows for a DVD, it seems too special of an occasion to miss. I’m going to the Gateshead show cannot wait, the clips people are posting on Instagram sound epic.

magictreehouse likes this.
  7. Went last night - BRILLIANT. Her voice is stunning.

magictreehouse and ohaimanabu like this.
  8. Just got back from Gateshead. Wow if you haven’t been you gotta catch the last few dates. Such a special evening, the power of the orchestra and the love in the room just simply amazing. I also finally succumbed to the deluxe Song Diaries box set which is a thing of beauty.

9. Island

Island Staff Member

It's heartwarming to read how the arrangements really come alive in the live setting.

magictreehouse and dipitybix like this.
  10. I can't stress this enough. The show is an utter delight and I was lucky enough to be able to see it in the beautiful Leeds Town Hall. The show being in two halves absolutely works in its favour with both really bringing out the songs (with some interesting choices in both too). Whether it's the dramatic ending to Wild Forever or the string middle-8 in Heartbreak, she makes full use of the band and orchestra and it absolutely pays off. Amazing lighting too which is an underrated aspect in a live show.

The most surprising thing about the show was how chatty Sophie was. It made everything super fun, whether that was spouting facts about the Town Hall or introducing every single orchestra member by name. She was clearly having a great time.

I didn't know about the bonus no-microphone version of A Pessimist is Never Disappointed so that was a lovely surprise. I've been a fan of Sophie since theaudience days and that song reminds me of being 15 again.

Also, Sophie used my picture on Instagram so that made my day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.