Sophie Ellis-Bextor. | Page 1117 | The Popjustice Forum

Sophie Ellis-Bextor.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Dazzle, Feb 23, 2010.

1. I think it would be hilarious if this is the way she's decided to give her fans a studio version of "Dear Jimmy."

2. I’d take it anyway. Dear Jimmy will sound extra dramatic and sinister with the orchestra. I sincerely hope she considers it.

Totally! I wish we get orchestral versions of fan-requests after album #7.

biffy77 likes this.
  3. This is random. But, I was looking through some old archived posts from Sophierazzi and I noticed that @Nunya B found the title "Is It Love" on BMI. It was written by Betty Boo, Sophie and Steve Robson.. We knew Sophie was working with Betty around the time. Could this be the same song that leaked? For some reason, I didn't put two and two together back then.

I know Sophie mentioned she was working with Betty Boo on some radio show and months (years?) later she spoke about the Roger Sanchez on MTV. And both those songs leaked.

Also, for those who are still wondering which era Love Heist is from, I found an old post confirming that it was a Trip outtake. The Hype (Romeo) is also from the same era.

Does anyone remember a documentary/interview/video message with Sophie, somewhere between 2009 and 2011 where she explained how she parted ways with Polydor and that she was going to release music independently? Either she was in her library or near a bookshelf of some sort. I have a very vague memory of watching this once and I can't seem to find it anywhere now. She spoke about leaving her label with the masters of the songs, not finding a label to release the album, going independent etc.,

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    Deer Stop likes this.
    Deer Stop and kaushik like this.
  5. Thanks @Nunya B for posting the video. That last question about theaudience was from me. I remember it was someone on PJ who interviewed Sophie there (Can’t remember who it was though, sorry).

Was there another video where she explained the whole delay with Make A Scene? I remember watching something candid, it was around the time we had the whole AATW rumours, the Russian release etc.

6. It’s Christmas Live From the Royal Albert Hall is on Sky One is a few minutes and Sophie will be performing.

biffy77 likes this.
  7. She sang Sleigh Ride and sounded great! Very nice to see her performing on tv again.

kaushik likes this.
  8. I didn't think the Roger Sanchez track leaked.

9. Uno

Uno

Make a Scene is fun, but too inconsistent.

1. Trip The Light Fantastic (my favorite album of all time)
    2. Read My Lips
    3. Shoot From The Hip
    4. Make A Scene
    5. Wanderlust
    6. Familia

10. Work It Out is the Roger Sanchez track

AndrewX likes this.
  11. Oh wow, I didn't realize it had leaked. I remember thinking it almost leaked around the time Did I leaked but I thought someone stopped it from happening. It's nice to finally here it.

kaushik likes this.
  12. LCAW feat. Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Hummingbird
    Release Date: January 26, 2018

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  13. I guess I'm late for the ranking thing but here it is anyways
    1. Trip The Light Fantastic
    2. Shot from the Hip
    3. Read My Lips
    4. Make a Scene
    5. Wanderlust
    6. Familia
    All amazing, all heartfelt. all will stand the test of time.

justFurio and Uno like this.
  14. God, for being a fairly upbeat track production wise, 'If You Go' is so damn heartbreaking. Especially that freaking middle 8. Fuck.

LP, Vasilios, biffy77 and 7 others like this.
  15. Definitely one of Xenomania's best productions. I really wish they would have worked more together. Especially during Xenomania's peak.

Could you imagine Sophie on a Call The Shots type of track? I think the world may have imploded if something like that happened.

16. One of my favorite ‘sunny day cry’ songs.

17. I don’t know if there’s any truth to this, but apparently there was a proper tears-on-the-floor XenoSophie track that she rejected back then. I know of this only because of one of those people who leaked her demos. There was no other mention of it, so I’m assuming it was just story constructed by fans, but if something like that was actually there, she would have benefited greatly from it back then..

Also, Immune To Love and Work It Out would have also done well for her if she had released them. Such a shame that we got stuck with Can’t Fight This Feeling instead.

AndrewX likes this.
  18. Uno

Uno

Tears-on-the-dancefloor is my favorite genre of pop - that would've been amazing.

lushLuck likes this.
  19. Apparently Sophie didn't enjoy the process of working with Xenomania though and how they piece together different songs to form one song.

Bunifah, kaushik and lushLuck like this.
  20. I'd love to hear her talk more about the making of Trip the Light and Make A Scene. I can imagine there would have been a lot of frustration for both projects for all sorts of different reasons but I'd just love to hear her take on it all.

kaushik and lushLuck like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.