Sophie Ellis-Bextor. | Page 1149 | The Popjustice Forum

Sophie Ellis-Bextor.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Dazzle, Feb 23, 2010.

1. At least it's nice she performed 'Can't Fight This Feeling', 'Not Giving Up On Love' and a revamped 'Get Over You'. It feels like she has been using the same setlist for so long now.

2. Richard’s response to Sophie’s Instagram post about Ed Sheeran had me guffawing for a while. I love this couple! Their sense of humour, their love for each other, the way they work with each other - it’s all so genuine..and so iconic!

muddleddreams and ohaimanabu like this.
  3. I had to leave for work before the end of Sophie's BBC Breakfast interview yesterday. Did she mention a release date? I'm guessing not?

4. The way she always pays dust to her two best albums is really not the tea.

5. Some presenter man: "The album is called The Song Diaries and it's out in January."
    Sophie: "It is."

6. muddleddreams likes this.
  7. There is a video from BBC Breakfast also in Pledge Music update.

kaushik likes this.
  8. Read My Lips Australian TV advert. I wonder how UK looked like.

strictmachine79 and biffy77 like this.
  9. I don't have any excitement for this album since like half a year.

biffy77 and Deleted member 5343 like this.
  10. Sophie was lovely at Glasgow's Proms in the Park last night.
    So glad i was in the audience to witness it.
    She sang Groovejet and Murder (both of which are on the IPlayer - around the 70min mark)
    and the audience were treated to an extra track, being "Take Me Home".
    She seemed so giddy to be given the opportunity to perform with the Scottish Symphony Orchestra and she joked about the discoball that is growing inside her.

11. She should let that disco ball grow and release a brand new disco album.

12. I don't even care or like disco. I want just pop album, you can add influences from other genres all you want, just give me synthpop album. Not this Ed music.

Wishlight, Uno, Dr Pop and 1 other person like this.
  13. I think Wanderlust is her best album dddd don't shoot me.

14. Dear Lord, I'm flabbergasted that Love Is You is A-listed on Radio 2. Amazing.

15. Has anyone got their tickets for the London show?

LovePOP likes this.
  16. I do. I'm excited just because it's at the Royal Festival Hall. Such a marvellous venue.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  17. That’s really good news! I hope the radio promo helps sell the single (even though it’s barely being used as a single)

LP, Deer Stop and muddleddreams like this.
  18. I like the "I Feel It Coming" cover and would be delighted to see it replace the medley permanently.

Deer Stop and New Flame like this.
  19. There is really no point in single doing so well now on radio when it won't sell the album next year. Sophie really managed to ruin this era.

Deer Stop likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.