Sophie Ellis-Bextor. | Page 1191 | The Popjustice Forum

Sophie Ellis-Bextor.

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Dazzle, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Nn the song I was thinking about

2. God, this thread is really DEAD. Poor Sophie.

Anyway, I discovered the gorgeous I Can’t Get Through To You by Nemi and I would soooooo want Sophie’s new album to sound like this. 80s nostalgic and wistful synth electro pop.
    Basically as if she filled an album with Duels and Can’t Have It Alls. Please, Sophie, take note.

Leon and biffy77 like this.
  3. There’s nothing to talk about so why wouldn’t it be dead?

Island, toby3000, londonrain and 2 others like this.
  4. Only a couple of weeks ago there was a discussion about the new album being electro with strings lol.

5. I know very well. I was part of that conversation... Within the electro-realm there are a lot of possibilities... I was just saying that if she did something similar to I Can’t Get Through To You I would be very happy. It would suit her like a glove...

6. I'm looking to buy Wanderlust on vinyl, any recommendations for where would be a good place to purchase it? I see it's available on Sophies website but I don't know whether it's a reliable place to get it in case it takes AGES to arrive. I don't want another Madame X official store debacle again...

7. Sis about to release her 29th album produced by her son, of course it is dead.

Nunya B, JMRGBY and Sugaboy like this.
  8. So glad she's decided to do electro for the next album, and I know I've said this before but, if she went back to 'ice diva' in terms of Get Over You with an 80s synth electropop influence as mentioned by China_Heart, and maybe worked with Richard X again we'd all be over the moon.

9. If she has to work with different producers, I’d rather her work with people who much bigger several years ago (Chemical Brothers, Basement Jaxx and Fatboy Slim for instance).. or maybe have more electronic music (along the lines of Goldfrapp’s Black Cherry and Supernature) and less EDM.

But I’m assuming the album is with Ed and I just know that it’s going to be just as brilliant as Familia and Wanderlust.

mylesofsmiles93 and Wallow like this.
  10. Mmmm... I’m not so sure Ed can do electro as well as other genres. I don’t think he understands it. But I’m confident Sophie will have much more of an influence on this one. So I’ve got a good feeling about it.

11. Some of you might be happy to note clip from her Instagram stories sounds a bit like Röyksopp.

I’m so excited!

12. They should make a vinyl in the shape of her face.

Deer Stop and ssa like this.
  13. When did she post this? Can't find it.

14. Follow sophieellisbextorarchives on Instagram. It’s run by a friend of mine. He reposted it there..

DirtyMonkey and Leon like this.
  15. Wow! That does sound amazing.

DirtyMonkey and kaushik like this.
  16. Those of you who have kids / with kids around you, play this to them. My nephew and niece enjoyed listening to Sophie narrating this story:

17. RhythmNative

RhythmNative Staff Member

Wild Forever is up there with her best bops and Death of Love has one of the most stunning melodies I’ve ever heard. Some of y’all really don’t know when you got a good thing.

dipitybix, Subspace88, Island and 6 others like this.
  18. Wild Forever is a triumph. The chorus is the best she has ever sounded, and the production suits her so well. I guess I'll remain the minority defending Wanderlust and Familia's directions.

19. Familia is a really gorgeous album. It's not as "epic" sounding as some of Wanderlust, but it flows together much better.

P'NutButter likes this.
  20. Wild Forever and Death of Love are two of the better songs from the album. They just needed a capable pop producer and not a potato.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.