Soul Divas Album Battle: Back to Black vs. 21 vs. Rockferry (THE WINNER) | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum

Soul Divas Album Battle: Back to Black vs. 21 vs. Rockferry (THE WINNER)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by SpanishEyes, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Re: Soul Divas Album Battle: Back to Black vs. 21 vs. Rockferry (THE RESULTS)

WOW. That is quite sensational.

Tears Dry On Their Own is my favourite Winehouse song, but I'm fine with Back To Black winning.

2. Re: Soul Divas Album Battle: Back to Black vs. 21 vs. Rockferry (THE RESULTS)

Wow! Could we be looking at the highest scoring song in a rating since Taylor Swift? So very well deserved though. I'm so happy!

3. Re: Soul Divas Album Battle: Back to Black vs. 21 vs. Rockferry (THE RESULTS)

Phew, glad that Tears Dry didn't win. Doesn't even deserve to be in the Top 5 in my opinion.

4. Re: Soul Divas Album Battle: Back to Black vs. 21 vs. Rockferry (THE RESULTS)

How high was that?

5. Re: Soul Divas Album Battle: Back to Black vs. 21 vs. Rockferry (THE RESULTS)

9.875, believe it or not!

6. Re: Soul Divas Album Battle: Back to Black vs. 21 vs. Rockferry (THE RESULTS)

Time for the champion!
    [​IMG]

1. "Back to Black"
    [​IMG]
    Average score: 9.65
    Highest score: 10 (x17)
    Lowest score: 5

"'Back To Black' is when you've finished a relationship and you go back to what's comfortable for you. My ex went back to his girlfriend and I went back to drinking and dark times."
    In Rolling Stone magazine, Winehouse admitted this song and the whole album was about this difficult time in their relationship: "All the songs are about the state of my relationship at the time with Blake. I had never felt the way I feel about him about anyone in my life. It was very cathartic, because I felt terrible about the way we treated each other. I thought we'd never see each other again. He laughs about it now. He's like, 'What do you mean, you thought we'd never see each other again? We love each other. We've always loved each other.' But I don't think it's funny. I wanted to die."

This song was written by Amy Winehouse and Mark Ronson, who also produced. The video is an artistic black-and-white number shot in Abney Park Cemetery and other locations around London, with the theme of Amy mourning for her dead relationship. That comes complete with a coffin, hearse, funeral procession, lilies, and a burial ritual. For a very small box.

------

Good job everybody!!
    [​IMG]
    Album average: 8.27

7. Re: Soul Divas Album Battle: Back to Black vs. 21 vs. Rockferry (THE RESULTS)

Ha, well the record remains intact for now.

8. All I Want for Christmas Is You might have beaten the Taylor Swift score. If we could ever get that final result...

9. Who on Earth gave "Back to Black" a 5?!

10. I think it may have been Jinzo, surprise surprise!

Back to Black is one of my favourite songs of all time. So beautiful, and the way she described it... Amazing.

Thank you, SpanishEyes. I've enjoyed watching this from the outside! I'm glad Amy won, like she deserved.

11. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Moderator

Re: Soul Divas Album Battle: Back to Black vs. 21 vs. Rockferry (THE RESULTS)

It will forever be there! Highest rated song and highest rated album of 2010!

12. Can we have a list of the scores of all the songs, and the album averages? My computer's too slow to easily look through the whole thread.

13. I swear jinzo gives these bizarre ratings just for the sake of trolling!

14. Nope, someone has even more bitter haterade than me, I gave that rotten song a 5.5....~~

15. Hahahahaha...maybe one day.

16. You gave it the 5, actually!

The lowest score after you was a 8.5.

17. Sure. (and sorry for the late reply!)

Back to Black: 8.27
    Rockferry: 7.592
    21: 7.17

32. He Won't Go 5.15
    31. Lovesong 5.875
    30. I'll Be Waiting 6.3
    29. Take It All 6.525
    28. One and Only 6.55
    27. Syrup and Honey 6.65
    26. Hanging on too Long 6.875
    25. Serious 6.925
    24. Just Friends 7
    23. Rumour Has It 7.05
    22. Some Unholy War 7.15
    21. Addicted 7.425
    20. Delayed Devotion 7.425
    19. Don't You Remember 7.45
    18. I'm Scared 7.475
    17. Rockferry 7.5
    16. Mercy 7.6
    15. Stepping Stone 7.65
    14. He Can Only Hold Her 7.75
    13. Turning Tables 7.92
    12. Me & Mr Jones 7.925
    11. Wake Up Alone 7.95
    10. Someone Like You 8.275
    9. Warwick Avenue 8.45
    8. Lose Is A Losing Game 8.6
    7. Distant Dreamer 8.75
    6. Rolling in the Deep 8.825
    5. You Know I'm No Good 8.925
    4. Set Fire to the Rain 8.95
    3. Rehab 9.05
    2. Tears Dry on Their Own 9.55
    1. Back to Black 9.65

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.