Spain - Benidorm Fest 2024

Andy was the star of the night for me. I love the song, but for some reason I thought she would struggle live. So glad I was wrong. It's either her or st. Pedro for me.

St Pedro is going to take it (and I'll be glad he did), but Angy's performance was incredible and heartfelt.

So...this was a disaster and a huge incomprehensible step backwards, there have been MANY sound and production problems. Intolerable for a program that is live and that is more than rehearsed. On the other hand the presenters, Ruth Lorenzo is saved but wow, they should have left Inés Hernand, she is the most loved and funniest.

On the general level, very cool staging (except Mantra) and all very out of tune. Quique Niza was the worst, even though he comes from a musical and sings very well. Sofia Coll didn't hit any of the high notes of "stay" on the right note and was out of tune and drowned out half the performance. The costumes were terrible. But I thought it would be even worse. Nebulossa better than I expected (we all thought it would be Fusa Nocta and no, she didn't do well but not too bad).

The best of the night was Angy, she should have been first, and Miss Caffeína, who sang well and the proposal was cool. Noan and Mantra sang well too but did not give more.

Conclusion: Nobody understands the 12 of the televote to Mantra (unless it is bought by his record company that has paid people to vote) and it is not understood that Angy did not get the 12 of the jury.

In the end Sofia WON'T win. If she didn't win yesterday which was easy, she won't win against the artists from the second semi.

The winner is in the second semi and it will be a man: either Jorge or Almacor or St. Pedro, but St. Pedro is the one who is first in the betting and the one who, together with Jorge, who has the best staging and the most international sound.

So...this was a disaster and a huge incomprehensible step backwards, there have been MANY sound and production problems. Intolerable for a program that is live and that is more than rehearsed. On the other hand the presenters, Ruth Lorenzo is saved but wow, they should have left Inés Hernand, she is the most loved and funniest.

On the general level, very cool staging (except Mantra) and all very out of tune. Quique Niza was the worst, even though he comes from a musical and sings very well. Sofia Coll didn't hit any of the high notes of "stay" on the right note and was out of tune and drowned out half the performance. The costumes were terrible. But I thought it would be even worse. Nebulossa better than I expected (we all thought it would be Fusa Nocta and no, she didn't do well but not too bad).

The best of the night was Angy, she should have been first, and Miss Caffeína, who sang well and the proposal was cool. Noan and Mantra sang well too but did not give more.

Conclusion: Nobody understands the 12 of the televote to Mantra (unless it is bought by his record company that has paid people to vote) and it is not understood that Angy did not get the 12 of the jury.

In the end Sofia WON'T win. If she didn't win yesterday which was easy, she won't win against the artists from the second semi.

The winner is in the second semi and it will be a man: either Jorge or Almacor or St. Pedro, but St. Pedro is the one who is first in the betting and the one who, together with Jorge, who has the best staging and the most international sound.
How about the weird tense moment when the one presenter (sorry, I don’t remember their names) ran out on stage to stop the other woman from reading the results, and then that woman quoted showgirls!

he/him/his
None of the 4 chosen so far would get out of the bottom 5. I like them, just not competetive.

Angy had everything right (except the dress). Sofia was the second best even though I don't love the song. Zorra is my favorite song of the edition and the staging was more or less what I expected (+thongs) but she needs to shake off the nerves, not block her face with the mic and show a bit of more confidence. If she plays into the diva role fully I think it will translate better.

Mantra was my 4th pick, they are a cute band with a cute song (with the worst staging) so I'm not shocked that they got votes but I was shocked they won the televote and NQ'd. Whatever you say, if you're charging people 1.5-2 euros per vote and their favorite (with more than 50% of the votes, I've heard) doesn't even qualify, that's stupid.

I'm excited about the second semi. I hope they figure out the sound issues and don't fuck up the stagings for st. Pedro and Marlena. There are a few really good (but not very competitive) songs in this weak year and it will all depend on the staging at Eurovision in the end. Hope is not strong but existent.

According to the press today, Almácor had the best performance of the entire competition today and after tonight will likely become the favorite to win the whole thing. St. Pedro, who is the current odds favorite, was apparently kind of a flop today.

Of course grain of salt as the opinions of the press can be different than the GP.

Full press poll scores:

Last edited: