Spain - Benidorm Fest 2024

Just send Aitana you cowards

Let's send Rosalia and win Eurovision once and for all LOL.

Clearly Jorge is the one who should win this, performance and vocally wise was the best, a complete showman.

I showed it to the straights at work today and they all loved it...

What were they thinking with st. Pedro's staging? Why not some cool, surreal, romantic stuff like the gorgeous video? Or just strings and candles etc. I may be fully in love with him but he needs to fix that for my full support. Right now I'm leaning more towards Zorra.

Somebody lied to Almácor and told them they could sing live.

I didn't like st. Pedro's falsetto on the first half of the song but he recovers very well in the second half. That performance needs a very creative staging though, so I'm scared we will get a half-assed effort if it's all down to RTVE.

Given the HUGE reaction in the hall, and I'm guessing maybe a bit online too - do you think the Jury will cave and score him higher on Saturday? (I imagine St. Pedro will still win the jury and therefore the ticket to Malmo)

Given the HUGE reaction in the hall, and I'm guessing maybe a bit online too - do you think the Jury will cave and score him higher on Saturday? (I imagine St. Pedro will still win the jury and therefore the ticket to Malmo)
I think that would be even more of a scandal if they caved in and placed Jorge in the top 3, as their very purpose is to pick songs that they like and not be influenced by the televote/audience. It’s also the same jury from the semi finals so it’s hard to see how their opinion will differ.
But let’s see what happens, it is a Spanish national final after all!

As much as I can disagree with the jury I don't like it when they are pressured to do one thing. I remember last year everyone was going nuts over Blanca Paloma and it leaked that all juries but one gave her 12 points. Someone was tweeting "I bet it's that Wiwi guy!!" and William answered with proof that he gave his 12 points to Blanca. Like not doing so was a crime! What the fuck? They can vote however they like. I actually wonder if some of the foreign delegations vote for the weaker ones to kill the competition in the future.

Let's not forget this is the same public that hated on Chanel for months for being favored and then greeted her like a national hero when she came back. Spanish get carried away too easily.

Last edited:
I think that would be even more of a scandal if they caved in and placed Jorge in the top 3, as their very purpose is to pick songs that they like and not be influenced by the televote/audience. It’s also the same jury from the semi finals so it’s hard to see how their opinion will differ.
But let’s see what happens, it is a Spanish national final after all!

The jury members don't care about the public, they will go with their intentions, just like they did in the 1st edition.
Jorge deserves to go, but sadly it will be St.Pedro, Angy or Nebulossa...

Oh. Thank you @AllRed. I believe I saw something online which stated this, but my lizard brain was too busy thirsting to unlock my limited Spanish capacities.

Will the Bridge Troll be in attendance to support his song with Angy??

I'm voting for Jorge tonight, and by voting I mean sending SMS, 1,45€ each.
I know the odds are not in his favours but he deserves it, he is giving the fans what we want, enough for me.