Spice Girls - Headlines / Voodoo

While i'm sure the tour will be amazing, the 'releases' part of this reunion's been horribly lacklustre. A shit single and a greatest hits with nothing (good) new for anyone who has the albums

Now we just need Mel B to FIX HER HAIR.
Despite the bitching i've been doing above, if we get the hair back all will be forgiven
 
I got a question... are they only together for this tour? Or are they going to continue after this? Or are they being vague about that now in case they decide either way?
 
They've said its for the tour only, but I can see that changing quite easily when they speak to their accountants afterwards

Although i doubt they'll be able to hold Victorias interest for that long
 
Princess Michael said:
They've said its for the tour only, but I can see that changing quite easily when they speak to their accountants afterwards

Although i doubt they'll be able to hold Victorias interest for that long

Don't forget Mel C. There is no way in hell she'll continue with the Spice Girls after this. The reason why she seems so happy now is because she knows it's just for a short time.
 
[/quote]

Don't forget Mel C. There is no way in hell she'll continue with the Spice Girls after this. The reason why she seems so happy now is because she knows it's just for a short time.
[/quote]

That made me smile about Mel C. That should make a joke out of it in the show. Why actually is it she doesnt want to do Spice Girls stuff anymore?

Also, the Daily Mirror have this to say about headlines today:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/3am/2007/11/21/spice-girls-charity-single-bombs-89520-20137987/

Daily Mirror sucks
 
they will keep selling all the way till jan!!!

that leona charachter will fade away, the spice girls will be around for a while yet on the charts!!

and they do well overseas aswell!!!

Come on tour, you better be amazing!!!
 
F

FMW

Why do these papers always quote Radio 1 in these articles as if anybody gives a toss what Radio 1 thinks? I would like a song if it's good, whether it's A-list or the dreaded C-list. Tossers
 
I reckon were going to get a new single with the b side being W.O.M.A.N before xmas, I thought this even before this Disaster,


Simon Fuller, is NOT a stupid man, Maybe they planned to release a weak single as there is much better to come and the hype would be alot stronger with a brilliant single after what has happened.... maybe, maybe not...
 
If take that had released their additional new track off their best of as a single, that would have flopped as it wasn't very good, they waited until they had a quality track, which is what the Spice Girls should have done. 'Headlines' should have been left as an album track.
 
I wish there was an official forum type thing on thespicegirls.com so they could get the message what we want!. W.O.M.A.N would have been so much a better release then headlines... in fact.. Headlines could have been the b-side to W.O.M.A.N

Frustrating! Is Simon Fuller losing his touch?
 
D

DiscoWenchy83

FMW said:
Why do these papers always quote Radio 1 in these articles as if anybody gives a toss what Radio 1 thinks? I would like a song if it's good, whether it's A-list or the dreaded C-list. Tossers

Problem is, and I do agree with what you're saying btw, is that a lot of people hear new music via Radio 1, whether we like it or not. Not everyone has the time/energy/inclination to search music out, so some things will pass them by, whereas if it's on Radio 1, they will hear it.

As much of a pain as it is, a lot of people love and listen to Radio 1 and value it's opinion. Sad, I know.
 
andy said:
I wish there was an official forum type thing on thespicegirls.com so they could get the message what we want!. W.O.M.A.N would have been so much a better release then headlines... in fact.. Headlines could have been the b-side to W.O.M.A.N

Frustrating! Is Simon Fuller losing his touch?

I couldn't agree more. They should have a forum on their website as then they would know that the fans want an up beat pop anthem that they used to rule the charts with.

I really want W.O.M.A.N
 
Simon Fuller gets it wrong lots of time. Remember Emma's album from a year ago?

And as for his plans for the third Spice Girls album in 1998 being a live greatest hits thing to go with a semi-fictious tour documentary...hmmm.
 
Jackie Tyler-Wilde said:
And as for his plans for the third Spice Girls album in 1998 being a live greatest hits thing to go with a semi-fictious tour documentary...hmmm.

That almost sounds like it could have been fantastic - there could have been at least 1 excellent single to go with it... Then again, could have been awful but they were on such a roll musically.

Voodoo would better to get released next year, everything is rushed enough as it is. To me, they are really bailing out for good with this tour and I just can't see another single. Maybe the video being filmed will just be a backdrop for the tour like Madge does.
 
Jackie Tyler-Wilde said:
Simon Fuller gets it wrong lots of time. Remember Emma's album from a year ago?

And as for his plans for the third Spice Girls album in 1998 being a live greatest hits thing to go with a semi-fictious tour documentary...hmmm.

I think Simon Fuller has lost the plot a bit over the years. This is clearly another example of him not being in touch.

Milky x
 

Top