Spice Girls: Solo Careers | Page 56 | The Popjustice Forum

Spice Girls: Solo Careers

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by HRH, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Tell Me is....... amazing. I was obsessed at the time and still love it. The album itself was a 'Hot' mess though.

deepheat03 and actorandlyricist like this.
  2. What was everyone's reaction to "Pack Your Shit" when they first heard it?

3. Kinda shook as I was like 13. And I have always been into innocent "squeaky clean" pop. Almost the same as Going Down.
    Yet I loved it. It was definitely an album highlight. (As that album was a bit of a mess). That, Feels So Good, Tell Me, I Want You Back, Feel Me Now and Hotter were the only quality tracks in that album.
    Sorry Lullaby!

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  4. I do like (apart from the singles);
    Hotter
    Hell No
    Step Inside
    ABC123
    From the second album I like (apart from Today)
    Say Say Say
    Bad Bad Girl
    Sweet Pleasure

tylerc904 likes this.
  5. LA State of Mind would’ve been a really stellar album if the production had been done by a quality team. I find it hard to get past how cheap most of it sounds.

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  6. Marrriiiiiiaaaaa will always slap.

7. I prefer L.A. State of Mind in terms of writing and her singing but yes, the production sadly let it down.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  8. Not sure why but I was thinking about this today and came to rank their solo efforts.

Northern Star
    Free Me
    Schizophonic
    The Sea

VB
    Reason
    Hot
    Melanie C
    A Girl Like Me
    This Time
    Beautiful Intentions
    Scream If You Wanna Go Faster
    Version of Me

Life in Mono
    Passion
    My Happy Place
    L.A. State of Mind

I have never heard Stages, but I presume it would be in last. The Top 4 are legitimately all-time favorites of mine, and the bottom 4 are really the only ones I think are kind of shit. Though to be fair to Life in Mono/Passion/Happy Place, they at least fav 2-3 songs I love.

9. Wasn’t part of the reason Victoria’s second album never got released was because one of the producers was demanding way too much money and Telstar were already going under?

And I am another who simply will never understand the apathy towards Desire. Quite a niche little pop song that represents Geri’s character very well.

bonnieetclyde and DiscoIgor07 like this.
  10. I always found with Desire that, although you’re right it matches her character greatly, I always found the vocals to be a little off and not distinctively “Geri” - if you were a casual listen, you could easily mistake it for vocals from the demo.

11. Its 20 years since this was released.

Geri sounds so beautiful and strong vocally on this track, you can tell she gave it her all in the studio.

12. I enjoyed it. It was worthy of being a single and the video was 110% better than Ride It.

13. Hotter is always that bitch. A lost single!

14. Should've been in Word Up's place.

YourLeadSinger and Up Down Suite like this.
    Vasilios likes this.
  16. Justice for Word Up! She did a great version, then disowned it seemingly just because it flopped. I've always loved it.

17. Yes but I grew up with the Cameo version and then the GUN cover so it was boring af.

18. Wasn't it Jimmy's suggestion she record it? Probably why she was quick to pay it dust.

And then this happened:

YourLeadSinger and Madaboutmusic like this.
  19. "Alright, let's just gur fer it".

20. Cameo nailed Word up first time around, all other covers were pointless.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.