Spice Girls - SpiceWorld 2019 Tour Thread - SPOILERS. | Page 163 | The Popjustice Forum

Spice Girls - SpiceWorld 2019 Tour Thread - SPOILERS.

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by JMRGBY, May 1, 2019.

1. I didn't mind the music being pre-recorded mixes. Just don't try and kid us the band are playing that Morales mix live.

2. The band was definitely live, but of course there were backing tracks. 99% of pop shows use them.

3. I didn't like Spice Up Your Life when it came out.. it just didn't sound right to me - and i'd watched an interview where Emma (i think) mentioned they wanted it to sound like a happy carnival... which I don't get from the song - and she looked disappointed by it too! But this version changed my mind, and i love it when it's done live like this -

i ripped it and listen to it on the way to work.. and pose like they do at the beginning (before going down the stairs) whilst going up the elevator... haha

saviodxl likes this.
  4. Also watch out for Emma tripping over.. bless :D

JMRGBY likes this.
  5. They all hated the music video and wanted it to have a carnival theme. A few of them have written about this in their autobiographies.

Jacques likes this.
  6. A couple of the full-show videos I had favourited on YouTube have come down - do we think they might release the official one soon?

7. In short, no.

DoggySwami, V3RYP05H and poploz like this.
  8. A carnival video could have been great but I adore the one we got. It makes me a bit sad that they didn't like it.

Mvnl likes this.
  9. The band was basically mediocre. I think they only got the gig because Melanie C's been working with them before. But they're not top rank musicians and I think the musical arrangements mostly reflected that.

enhanced CD likes this.
  10. Eye roll. The band were fine.

11. It’s The Sun I know, but...

Sideout, Stopremix, iRyan and 5 others like this.
  12. The only mix I was pretty split on is Spice Up Your Life. It's incredible as a tour opener, and their entrance is fantastic but then on the flipside it takes an already short song and makes it shorter when that song is epic and deserves every second it can get.

13. The world needs the Spice Girls after all we've gone through this year.

Jamie, Alenko, Tracy Jacks and 10 others like this.
  14. Amen.

From the bottom of my heart I yearn for this to be true.

Stopremix likes this.
  15. I'm ultimately sure they would have announced stuff this year if the pandemic hadn't have happened but I'm not sure that it'll be the five piece.

lushLuck likes this.
  16. I’ve got a strong feeling this will happen! Agree with @JMRGBY that VB will probably skip it again as Fashion season next year will be pivotal for the brand given that’s its shows have all been cancelled this year

17. This might be kind of off topic but there was only, what, 7 years between Wannabe and Sound of the Underground? Feels like two completely different life times!

Alenko, Madaboutmusic, Mvnl and 3 others like this.
  18. I feel it's a really strong possibility, particularly as both Mel C and Emma have been extremely vocal during lockdown about their desire to tour again with the girls. Didn't Mel C and Mel B even say in one of Sporty's livestreams that they want to tour next year, if they can? I think Mel C even used the line, "everyone needs some Spice World after this year".

They probably have to try convince Geri, once again.

That being said, I'd also love them to do Glastonbury. Given the reception Kylie got last year, and the fact that the Spice Girls are seen as icons and legends, it'd be a great moment for them.. imagine 100,000 people singing along to Say You'll Be There.

nbtsa, Tracy Jacks, Mvnl and 2 others like this.
  19. I would sincerely pay immense amounts of money to go once again. Secretly hoping Victoria saw how much of a triumph the stadium tour was from creative direction to styling, arrangements, all that... maybe maybe she'd join them for one Wannabe on a date.

Get All Saints as special guests as it would truly make it 10/10.

Stopremix, vinegar-tits and POPGASM like this.
  20. Glastonbury would be the icing on the cake for them to sort of end on!

It would be Amazing if VB came back for at least a one off Glasto gig! If it really was the “last time” then only feels right to be all 5!

nbtsa and Mvnl like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.