Spice Girls - SpiceWorld 2019 Tour Thread | Page 142 | The Popjustice Forum

Spice Girls - SpiceWorld 2019 Tour Thread

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by JMRGBY, May 1, 2019.

1. Random thought of the day: What exactly is it about Jess Glynne that turns us off? She’s very successful and serving big pop songs. In theory, we should absolutely love her but we just don’t. Why?

2. Lack of personality is the main thing I'd say.

3. The non-existent personality. She's about as exciting as a bowl of dry rice krispies.

4. She was saying things in between songs on Thursday which were all very nice but the tone was just weird. It made them sound insincere.

Jacques likes this.
  5. This was a truly amazing moment, I was a complete mess when I watched this playing above my head at Wembley, and so was everyone around me.

I also love how it's always Mel B - the one you'd least expect - who manages to come through with the killer emotional words that just send you over the edge! Remember her epic message at the end of the Viva Forever documentary? Now this VT as well. Unpredictable queen. Her line about being the 18 year old Leeds girl with the afro is so amazing too.

And Mel C's message about making a really normal girl feel so special! <3

nbtsa, AlmostFamous, Laurence and 5 others like this.
  6. That reminded me of when she asked the audience if they were ready to have a good time, only to perform her Children In Need ballad.

7. I’m sad the tour is over, even though I attended the Manchester show what feels like ages ago, I enjoyed knowing they were together, somewhere else, bringing that’s late 90s joy to thousands.
    Also seeing the Walkers advert popping up on TV regularly, is this really all over now??

Overdose likes this.
  8. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I've got nothing against Jess Glynne, I just see her more as a recording artist than a performer. Many of us have danced to her hits on a night out, but few have clamoured to see her live.

Saying that, I'd bet good money on me absolutely getting my life to her music when she's part of the lineup in a "sounds of the 2010s" nostalgia tour in a few decades time.

9. Adele getting her groove on to NGUOTGT is everything. She truly is one of us. Love her.

10. I'm sure it's been discussed in here, but Geri dusting off the iconic Wannabe video costume for the Wannabe performance was everything!

This video has an amazing view of the girls for the final number.

11. I don't know about other shows, but at the Manchester gigs she said "Now you sing!" about twice per song. While the songs were fantastic she didn't seem to really be into the performance. She just sort of sauntered around the stage with no real enthusiasm to the point where those constant "Now you sing!" moments came across like she couldn't even be bothered to sing.

Alenko, Jacques, vivalaradio and 3 others like this.

12. I fucking love them. I know I say it a lot, but I do. Legends only. Long may they reign. *Note that Mel C commented that this was at 4am.

nbtsa, michaelhird, Alenko and 13 others like this.
    michaelhird, Laurence, Alenko and 5 others like this.
  14. I think having Jess there was a stroke of genius. The highs always feel that much higher when you've come from a low, and boy is she low.

15. Gotta quote you, sorry.
    Just to say how thankful I am for all the work you did with the girls. I don't think you will ever realise the impact you had on so many of us as kids so thank you a million xx

16. Dont make me cry again lol. so kind thank you xxxxxxxxx

17. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

People can be so snobby about pop, but it unites us like nothing else. It must be life-affirming to see the positive impact your music continues to have on tens of thousands of people. I'm so glad you experienced that moment. Well deserved.

Plus you helped bring Spice Up Your Life into the world and I can't imagine not being 'Tribal Spaceman' now!

18. I have a dissertation to write and my head is still in Spiceworld (low key me trying to shove the Spice Girls into a International Public Policy dissertation). I still can’t believe they did THAT.

Overdose, andru and Tribal Spaceman like this.
  19. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Maybe it's time to change the subject of your dissertation to exploring exactly how they did do that.

20. The girls are getting so much love online. Their legacy and influence continues to grow. I can only imagine how the girls feel. Bringing so much happiness and positivity to people's lives. They truly are legends.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.