Spice Girls - SpiceWorld 2019 Tour Thread | Page 90 | The Popjustice Forum

Spice Girls - SpiceWorld 2019 Tour Thread

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by JMRGBY, May 1, 2019.

1. Oh my god, it so should've!

Tribal Spaceman likes this.
  2. So nearer to the main stage is better for sound? I'll probably record the audio so this is handy to know beforehand.

3. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

A rotating stage would have been perfect to be honest.
    I positioned myself between the right hand staircase and the main stage and had a great overall view and sound all night. For the encore I moved closer to the front centre, but as it's raised you don't want to be too close as you'd just see their heads. The layout actually encourages people to spread out, which is great really.

P'NutButter and Laurence like this.
  4. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Another thing that was great about this tour vs. 2007 is that all the 90s fashions are back. It felt like stepping back in time with all the chunky boots, baggy shirts and combat trousers I saw.

I'll probably never wear the Union Jack shirt and socks ever again but I'm glad I made the effort to dress like a tit and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

5. I thought that circle at the centre of the walkway should have rotated too! That would have kept everyone happy.

6. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I want to try and go to another night. It'd mean an overnight stay at a time when I'm struggling to fit such things in but but if I can find a half decent ticket I'll give it a go.

Laurence and andru like this.
  7. I was at the Manchester gig last night and really enjoyed it. I was drunk so I cried at Viva Forever, Mama and the on stage marriage proposal. The 2 Mels were probably the best - such energy and strong vocal deliveries. I didn’t miss Victoria one bit. She was always the awkward one to watch live - out of sync dancing, flat vocals and forced fake smiles, so to hear Geri and the others do her lines was far better. I like Victoria and some of her solo stuff is great, but she never seemed comfortable when performing live while the others do and buzz off it.

LPT, P'NutButter and Laurence like this.
  8. That was a really cute moment.

I dont get why people in the Golden Circle complain. I feel sorry for them, being so close, for a hefty amount and still not able to fully enjoy the show! I usually just get general standing but that no use in stadium. This is the first time I got in golden circle and it sure was the best that I saved for it. Well worth it

Being in the Spice Circle fees like you’re part of the concert. So much is happening around you! And the dancers are always somewhere too. I stood a bit to the right in the middle, so perfect view of both stage and catwalk and had a great time, so did my mum.

They come from this side or the other side when they walk towards the catwalk center and the girls make sure you see them. Sure, they only perform small parts of the song facing the circle inwards when on the catwalk, but I only felt that was the case for two songs. I had a great view and the sound was good, also Scary is slowly becoming my fave now? I was so young when they came out, did not understand a damn thing and now I understand and ‘get’ them and their personalities, it is even better.

Altough the concert blues will be hitting me hard when I get home! It sure was my top 3 concerts ever!

9. Good luck (I’m jealous)

10. I bought the programme and black/hot pink spice girls tour t-shirt on Wednesday but secretly regretting the t-shirt option. I really want the ‘All ages’ but shame it doesn’t have the dates on the back but PAY DAY shall I just get it?

11. Naughty !!!

LPT, GCZ, enhanced CD and 9 others like this.
  12. If the arena seems to have got a little more opulent, it's because I have just arrived.

nbtsa, niccolo, Laurence and 2 others like this.
  13. I wondered what that smell was!

LPT, Iconick, Trinu 3.0 and 3 others like this.
  14. Don't tell, Biff! Hehe.

Thanks for working with the girls on all these bops!

15. Gosh, I wish I could ask you everything. How was working with the girls before it all kicked off? Why was that third album cancelled? Who is the best writer among them?

However, I know you could never reply. In any case, it is nice to have to have a proper pop icon among us. Thank you for all the bops.

neinzedd, P'NutButter, Lapras and 4 others like this.
  16. By the way, was Victoria’s bit just omitted from Holler? I didn’t notice anyone do it and think it just went from Emma’s bit to the chorus.

MrJames likes this.

17. I think they’ve realised they should be facing the gold circle a bit more which is great (especially for Wannabe). From watching this video it seems like from Manchester onwards they’ve faced them for the whole second chorus.

vinegar-tits, Jacques, Alenko and 4 others like this.
  18. What a ridiculous costume change.

Mvnl likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.