Spice Girls

Rachel Redfearn, VP A&R and brand management, Bravado, said: “The Spice Girls’ impact on popular culture cannot be overestimated. They stand for positivity, inclusion, bravery and diversity. All delivered in a bold, fun and energetic package. This message is as relevant today as it was in 1996… maybe more so. Bravado’s alliance with this most iconic of bands will allow both existing and new fans the long-awaited opportunity to be a part of the legacy. The breadth of rights granted for the first time in two decades gives us the vehicle to truly celebrate their legendary status.”

I can't help but completely agree!

I don't think so; Geri talks about Forever's R&B sound here, and says it's not really her 'thing' as she's not into R&B music, and basically implies she would have objected to it.

What's quite funny, of course, is that the debut album itself is quite R&B-influenced - just that it's an 'old-school' type of R&B as opposed to the turn-of-the-millenium Darkchild sound that drove Forever...

She wrote in one of her books (I think the second) that she was thankful she left because she would have been miserable making r&b, which implies she thinks/thought Forever would have been an r&b album even with her around.

But then again, this is Geri, and she's said a lot of things and often contradicted herself.

She wrote in one of her books (I think the second) that she was thankful she left because she would have been miserable making r&b, which implies she thinks/thought Forever would have been an r&b album even with her around.

But then again, this is Geri, and she's said a lot of things and often contradicted herself.
Interesting, never knew this. I always think for what it is, Forever is more than fine and does have some good songs on it. Just following the one two punch of Spice and Spiceworld, sort of leaves it in the cold somehow.

But then again I’m sure firecracker Geri would’ve stood up for some more pop centric songs. I mean, I’m sure even the label wouldn't have thought “Holler” would’ve worked with Geri back then.

I think it's a case of Geri bending reality a little. Don't forget the original tracks recorded for the third album before they went for a more R&B sound. Pain Proof, Loving On Your Mind, Day In Your Life and the original mix of Right Back At Ya sound more poppy and an evolution of Spiceworld.

Well Geri was back for Headlines and that is nothing special. Could’ve fit on Forever.

I would’ve liked to hear the girls on Mi Chico Latino though.

If they didn’t fire Simon, I doubt the album would’ve been like Forever.

Staff member
The racism towards Mel B, Mel C dealing with intrusive questions about her sexuality, Victoria being weighed (??????) weeks after giving birth, and Emma's Howard Stern interview - the things these girls have had to put up with in their careers, disgusting. The documentary was so good, but the huge thing it was missing was input from the girls themselves.