Spice Girls | Page 1259 | The Popjustice Forum

Spice Girls

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by james1986, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Did hope for one split second when Spice Up Your Life was played, the girls themselves were gonna appear! if ony.

2. Any specifics?

3. Not really but Melanie C said it will be bigger and better than Spice 25.

beautifulmorning likes this.

4. The power of this image. The look in her eyes. History was made, girl power was served that night.

Island, P'NutButter, Alenko and 13 others like this.
  5. She’s not wrong. Wonder if they were even invited.

6. I think they confirmed they were but couldn't make it work with schedules etc?

7. Indeed, effortlessly iconic. What an moment.

8. And to think that's only a photo from the rehearsal.

freeheadmess likes this.
  9. Aww, boo. That’s pretty disappointing.

claire_louise likes this.
  10. Baby Please Don't Stop has aged like fine wine for me, what a tight little package of a song:

11. One of Emma's best for sure!! LOVE! The video is fab too.

LPMA likes this.
  12. I decided to do a little digging in some online video archives and stumbled across a couple If U Can't Dance clips from the US leg of the Spiceworld tour.

If you go on this website and search Spice Girls, there's a clip called 'Little Spice Girls (07/09/1998)' which features around 25 seconds of the profession screen footage. Unfortunately the footage is muted, but it's interesting to see it was sent out to news stations. On the same site, the clip titled 'Spice Girls Perform In NJ (06/26/1998)' features half the song recorded from a professional camera in the audience.

Finally, at the end of this video there's most of If U Can't Dance from the first date of the US tour filmed by a static camera. This proves Mel C's story that she ripped her trousers during this performance was true since she's gone by the end of the performance.

13. That’s so interesting to see! Thank you for digging around.

worldspice likes this.
  14. I'm sure there must be some other goodies hidden away in news clip archives!

JMRGBY likes this.
  15. Likely it was for all 5 members or nothing.

YourLeadSinger and claire_louise like this.
  16. Thank you so much for this rare gem !! It's still amazing how people still stumble across unseen footage after all this time.

Heretic, worldspice and Stopremix like this.
  17. Amazing find this!! Much appreciated too.

worldspice and Stopremix like this.
  18. 2014

2014 Staff Member

[​IMG]

Island, Jamie, Wanted and 16 others like this.
  19. You're welcome! I'm sure there must be a few more clips like this in archives waiting to be found!

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  20. It really is magic seeing "new" footage of the girls after all these years.

worldspice likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.