Spice Girls

he/him
Probably safe to assume Walk of Life, Outer Space Girls and a version of Step To Me will be included, and I wouldn't be surprised if C U Next Tuesday ends up being part of this release - although it was vetoed for Spice 25, Melanie C's comments over the past year make it seem like there's still some hope for it.

Otherwise, I'd like to see Never Give Up On The Good Times (Morales Remix), the military cadence/sound off from Spiceworld: The Movie - because it's iconic and has never been released outside the film itself (and seems like the most obvious pick if they do want to highlight the film in some way with this release) - and, as much as we groaned about it being performed again on Return of the Spice Girls and Spice World 2019, a studio version of their We Are Family cover from 1998 (if one exists) would be nice too.

What I'd like to see, but highly doubt even 15% of these will appear...

B-Sides +

Step To Me
Outer Space Girls
Walk Of Life
Spice Invaders

Unreleased

CU Next Tuesday
Image & Likeness
Seven Days
Dingeling
Are You My Friend?
Can't Stay Tonight
Sound Off

Demos

Generation Next (Move Over Full Demo)
Saturday (Saturday Night Divas Demo)
Viva Forever (Demo)
Goodbye (Demo)

Remixes

Spice Up Your Life (Morales Carnival Club Edit)
Stop (Full Brass "Brits Version")
Never Give Up On The Good Times (Morales Remix)
Move Over (Playstation Dub)
Step To Me (Full Version)
Viva Forever (Themis Ethnic Latino Ambient Mix)
The Lady Is A Vamp (Original Extended)

Where does this come from? I've never heard of this before.

The version on that in-house CD-R is labelled as "extended", the same one has the longer version of 'Move Over'.

293790127-3330729393836315-210647444259216708-n-1.jpg

D

Deleted member 33299

'Leader Of The Gang' (as some fans decided to call it) is a cover of Gary Glitter's Leader of the Gang (I Am). In fact, he was going to be as a cameo in Spiceworld: The Movie on the 'Italy trip' scene.

They recorded the song for the first time during the Spice sessions and it was named as 'Do You Wanna Be In My Gang?' and was re-recorded for the movie, so we can considered it as Spiceworld sessions songs too. There are probaly 2 recordings: one with 1996 vocals and the 1997 recreation. Something similar as happened with Step To Me, a song from Spice sessions re-recorded in 1997 for the Pepsi campaign.

Maybe they rescued it as an extra in Spiceworld 25 by being part of those sessions and even the movie, who knows. Fans requested it a lot with other movie songs.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 33299

I would highly doubt they'd consider releasing a Gary Glitter cover in 2022.

They consider the b-sides as unreleased songs, so honestly I don't expect they consider nothing. But yes, I highly doubt they'd considered this cover as part of the extras, but who knows... They used to sing the song quite a lot partying during 1996-1997, maybe they find something special /nostalgic on it. Even they re-recorded the song in 1997...

I'm only saying is part of the Spiceworld sessions songs.

Last edited by a moderator:
They consider the b-sides as unreleased songs, so honestly I don't expect they consider nothing. But yes, I highly doubt they'd considered this cover as part of the extras, but who knows... They used to sing the song quite a lot partying during 1996-1997, maybe they find something special /nostalgic to consider it on it. Even they re-recorded the song in 1997...

Yes but GG came out as a p*do later.