Spice Girls

he/him
Melanie C via OK! Magazine:

"Obviously, we've got the anniversary of the song and film, so let's just say we've been in talks with Universal, the label that produced our first film... you'll need to stay tuned to hear more."
"I don't want to get into trouble for spilling the beans on a big secret. But there will be big celebrations in the coming months, I can tell you that."

https://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/spice-girls-reunion-melc-interview-27545413

Sounds like there'll definitely be some movie tie-ins with the Spiceworld 25 celebrations.

"Obviously, we've got the anniversary of the song and film, so let's just say we've been in talks with Universal, the label that produced our first film... you'll need to stay tuned to hear more."
"I don't want to get into trouble for spilling the beans on a big secret. But there will be big celebrations in the coming months, I can tell you that."

Sounds like there'll definitely be some movie tie-ins with the Spiceworld 25 celebrations.
I would so love to see Spiceworld on the big screen! Blu-ray to follow too please.

'First' film seems like a weird thing to say...?

Actually, what ever happened to that animation (sounded like a shit idea anyway but...)

That has to be a mislabel. Junior's remix is very tribal/circuit sounding with live drums, etc.
It does have the same length as the track on these promos and it’s not completely out of the norm to have a remixer do different takes. Plus it doesn’t mention “remix” like the long/edit versions of the remix you’ve mentioned.

I think it’s only ever been on US promos so I wonder if it wasn’t meant as some sort of single mix in case the USA didn’t take to the original.

Last edited:

Please bless us with an extended cut. I'll also settle for the full Leader of the Gang performance as a special feature

There's so much they can do around the movie. I don't think it's ever been on streaming in the UK, or certainly hasn't in the last few years? I'd love an expanded edition with deleted scenes though I can't imagine they have huge amounts in the can given how quickly it was put together. Individual steelbook blu-rays would be good though I'm not sure of the market for that nowadays even as a group item, far less individual?

he/him
There's so much they can do around the movie. I don't think it's ever been on streaming in the UK, or certainly hasn't in the last few years? I'd love an expanded edition with deleted scenes though I can't imagine they have huge amounts in the can given how quickly it was put together. Individual steelbook blu-rays would be good though I'm not sure of the market for that nowadays even as a group item, far less individual?
The only deleted scene I can think of is the one in the castle that got cut because it was the first scene they did and they were all still finding their feet with acting.