Spice Girls | Page 1288 | The Popjustice Forum

Spice Girls

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by james1986, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Today marks 10 years since the biggest performance of their careers, and the last time the girls performed as a five-piece. Truly iconic!

2. Their Olympics performance, was a real moment in music history.

3. Melanie C's post caption seems optimistic about the band's future:

4. That was amazing even If it would have been better for them to have more time and Include Who do you think you are in it...

ohaimanabu likes this.
  5. Yes I always wish it had been longer. When I saw how long some others acts had (or seemed to have) I was disappointed. However it was just so short and spectacular that now I think it was perfect.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  6. I think the length was good.

It was such a rush, in a way like the Wannabe video. They came, caused chaos and left everyone wanting more.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    ohaimanabu, Mvnl, snoho and 13 others like this.
  7. I vividly remember waiting from the very beginning, no idea when they were on, and pretty much hyperventilating when all became clear. What a moment.

8. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I was reading through this old Top Of The Pops book I had and this picture was in it that I love and wanted to share - (I love Victoria's expression) - I think they'd just performed Wannabe?

D8D0C5A9-5BBD-426B-BF0B-9E170447B87D_1_201_a.jpeg

9. Released 23 years ago today.

I love this song so much the perfect Latin summer pop bop, I think it's aged beautifully aswell.

If they ever do solos on tour again Geri needs to bring back this for sure.

LPT, TRAVVV, discoteca and 18 others like this.
  10. I didn't realize/remember that it was released quite late into Summer. Either way, a perfect song.

_Gru_ likes this.
  11. Wikipedia doesn’t say but the song likely was sent to radio weeks before, plus the album had been out since early June.

Conan and DoggySwami like this.
  12. Back then singles impacted radio/music channels approx. 6 weeks before the single release as it was all about the lead up to week 1 sales.

Conan, Mr.Arroz and Mvnl like this.

13. Never seen this before. I know the word is thrown around but iconic.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
  14. Yeah Mi Chico Latino was probably hammered on The Box for weeks all summer.

TRAVVV, Pat, P'NutButter and 4 others like this.
  15. I think she will never drop It's Raining Men as her solo 'go-to', it's upbeat, everyone knows it and her best selling single. I personally would just love one solo performance (live) of Lift Me Up!

16. Did you miss the duet with Rylan?

17. hahah. I did see the snippet. I want the full version with bridge and key change!!

Island likes this.
  18. Island

Island Staff Member

If her lungs don’t collapse!

Speaking of collapsing, I need her to do the full It’s Raining Men routine again.

actorandlyricist likes this.
  19. Sometimes I think about this and my brain just doesn't comprehend it even though I remember it made complete sense back then.

20. Call me old without calling me old, why don't you. (cries holding a VHS tape)

Carlo likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.