Spice Girls

Outwith the controversial lyrical difference I appreciate both Geri and Victoria's verses. Geris is much more emotive and heartfelt in her vocal depiction but Victoria sings higher giving her verse a good buildup to Emma's Bridge.

Re the unreleased, we know that there are none, so they could have made a whole CD2 with Step To Me + all the b-sides and the exclusive single mix of Never Give Up. A CD3 with the whole Spice World Tour audio for 1998 and that's it. If they wanted something more elaborated, they could have done the CD3 with tracks from different dates of the tour and a digital release of Step To Me as a single with all its different versions. To close it all a release on vinyl of Viva Forever with 5 different fairy covers.

'Can't Stay Tonight' and 'Sound Off' could've been included if they wanted "unreleased tracks", the latter especially as they sung it on the 2019 tour! This whole release has been half-arsed and sadly reaffirms what some folk have said about the group for a while, it's all about the money.

They should of just released something like this to celebrate 25 years of Spice Girls instead of these seperate album anniversaries:

1. Bumper to bumper
2. Take me home
3. One of these Girls
4. Baby come round
5. Feed your love
6. Step to me
7. Outer space girls
8. Walk of life
9. Spice invaders
10. My strongest suit
11. Woman
12. Another unreleased song from “Forever” as we know there are a few.
13. Wannabe (Demo)
14. Say you’ll be there (Demo)
15. 2 become 1 (orchestral version)
16. Last time lover (Demo)
17. If U Can’t Dance (Demo)
18. Who do you think you are (Demo)

At least this way “Forever” could also have some acknowledgment. Obviously I would love more unreleased songs but I was trying to be realistic with the tracklist.

They should of just released something like this to celebrate 25 years of Spice Girls instead of these seperate album anniversaries:

1. Bumper to bumper
2. Take me home
3. One of these Girls
4. Baby come round
5. Feed your love
6. Step to me
7. Outer space girls
8. Walk of life
9. Spice invaders
10. My strongest suit
11. Woman
12. Another unreleased song from “Forever” as we know there are a few.
13. Wannabe (Demo)
14. Say you’ll be there (Demo)
15. 2 become 1 (orchestral version)
16. Last time lover (Demo)
17. If U Can’t Dance (Demo)
18. Who do you think you are (Demo)

At least this way “Forever” could also have some acknowledgment. Obviously I would love more unreleased songs but I was trying to be realistic with the tracklist.
19. Viva Forever (Themis Ambient Mix) aka the perfect closer.

I've never heard the Themis Ambient version of Viva Forever before, just gave it a listen on YouTube, and it's lovely, but why would you remove the strings! They're simply gorgeous and make the song so emotive. I'd love a version with the strings added

I hope they remaster the Ambient mix of Viva Forever, it just sounds like someone has used some free software to remove some of the instruments. It results in some of it sounding really echo-y because you can hear things are missing from the mix.
I thought that’s what it was? Is it actually commissioned or just something by they found on YouTube and were like “yes, put that on”.

Just made the mistake of giving 30 seconds of thought to how this could’ve been done better.
  • Never Give Up On The Good Times CD single
  • Releasing the full set list of the Spiceworld tour and calling it the Lost Live Album.
  • Retro mini site with stems/recreations of official/fan sites, those MIDI versions of tracks that would play when you visited one…
Painful!

To celebrate their 25th anniversary, they should have released a b-sides album which included 5 unreleased songs. Each of them picks one unreleased track to release from the archives. This would have expanded their discography much better than these poorly thought out anniversary editions.

It's weird how none of the live tracks are from Birmingham ...maybe this is a test to see how they could market a live album next year with the tour announcement (hopefully). It would also make sense for them to do some sort of celebration if they really do Glastonbury.

Something like this:
- May 2023 - Girl Power! Live
The full Birmingham show 2CD / 2LP - We know the betacam rip of this concert is "out there" but i'm not sure their team is smart enough to go after it

- December 2023 - Goodbye25
EP containing the original demo, the full non-fade orchestral version, Christmas Wrapping and any Forever outtake to tease a follow up release of unreleased tracks next year...

2024 - 30 Years of SPICE
A compilation of b-sides and unreleased tracks from 1994 to 2008(?)

I don't think Forever25 will be a thing since it doesn't make sense from a commercial point of view but i'm sure they are all aware of how much W.O.M.A.N would be a selling point so they can either put it on a Goodbye 25 anniversary edition or just do what would actually make sense and release a compilation of unreleased material from the vault.

Last edited:
he/him
It's weird how none of the live tracks are from Birmingham ...maybe this is a test to see how they could market a live album next year with the tour announcement (hopefully). It would also make sense for them to do some sort of celebration if they really do Glastonbury.

Something like this:
- May 2023 - Girl Power! Live
The full Birmingham show 2CD / 2LP - We know the betacam rip of this concert is "out there" but i'm not sure their team is smart enough to go after it

- December 2023 - Goodbye25
EP containing the original demo, the full non-fade orchestral version, Christmas Wrapping and any Forever outtake to tease a follow up release of unreleased tracks next year...

2024 - 30 Years of SPICE
A compilation of b-sides and unreleased tracks from 1994 to 2008(?)

I don't think Forever25 will be a thing since it doesn't make sense from a commercial point of view but i'm sure they are all aware of how much W.O.M.A.N would be a selling point so they can either put it on a Goodbye 25 anniversary edition or just do what would actually make sense and release a compilation of unreleased material from the vault.
I thought the same about there maybe being a live album from Birmingham coming next year. But… I’m not sure anyone involved is arsed.