Spice Girls

This just popped up on my YouTube feed and I don’t think it was posted here before, just someone commenting on what she said.

Mel B talks a little about the PTSD she still suffers following the domestic abuse she experienced. She also mentioned all 5 Spice Girls got together recently and something will be announced soon hopefully. She looks really well and was very articulate speaking about an emotive topic.

Mel B always says something is coming soon. Somehow the King's Coronation thing feels a lot more likely and more "Spice Girls" to me than Glastonbury though. Let's be honest, they've always been tories, royalists and in with the establishment. I think only Mel C would prefer to do Glastonbury over the two and I could actually see Victoria being dragged out for the King's shindig.

They didn't even perform at Glastonbury in their heyday and if they had I daresay they would've been bottled like Daphne and Celeste at Reading. It's funny the organisers want them now when they would've thought them a joke back in the day.

Last edited:
I just think it's funny how the tables turn. I'm glad the general public are appreciating their music and legacy more now but it's frustrating that they don't do more to capitalise on that. Geri isn't getting any younger.

Why Geri specifically?

She is significantly older than the others and that showed even on the 2019 tour as she was much lower energy and stiffer than the other girls. I love Geri but I don't see her wanting to keep performing if the years roll on by much further. I don't think she has enough passion for music anymore to push herself like Madonna does.

She is significantly older than the others and that showed even on the 2019 tour as she was much lower energy and stiffer than the other girls. I love Geri but I don't see her wanting to keep performing if the years roll on by much further. I don't think she has enough passion for music anymore to push herself like Madonna does.

SIGNIFICANTLY????? There’s like 2 years between her and Mel C and 3/4 between her and Mel B/Emma!

SIGNIFICANTLY????? There’s like 2 years between her and Mel C and 3/4 between her and Mel B/Emma!

Sure.... From Mel B: "The thing is Geri has hidden her age for the most part of being a Spice Girl, and when I think about it I still don't know how old Geri is. I'm sure maybe she's faked it in the past, I'm not sure, but I don't think anybody really knows how old she is. You can Google it but I think she's probably given people the wrong age"

Last edited:
I see no reason to believe Geri is anything other than the age she claims. Her father Laurence was specifically 50 when she was born in 1972 and specifically died when she was 21 in 1993. Her older brother Max was 54 when he died in 2021 which again seems accurate and roughly the age he would've been seeing as it was him and Natalie then Geri. I again see no reason to believe why they'd have lied about his age.

I think Geri being so overly confident for her age in the 90s made many assume she was older than she appeared but clearly it was just who she was. She had a drive and motivation beyond her years which was admirable and definitely helped push the group massively in their pre fame years.

Sure.... From Mel B: "The thing is Geri has hidden her age for the most part of being a Spice Girl, and when I think about it I still don't know how old Geri is. I'm sure maybe she's faked it in the past, I'm not sure, but I don't think anybody really knows how old she is. You can Google it but I think she's probably given people the wrong age"

Ah right, got you. So you’re speculating she is “significantly” older. Sure….

20 years ago worked with someone who went to Watford Girls Grammar School (or wherever it was that Geri went) and she said Geri was 2 years older than her and this lady was born in 1972/3 I think. She said Geri’s public age was genuine.

20 years ago worked with someone who went to Watford Girls Grammar School (or wherever it was that Geri went) and she said Geri was 2 years older than her and this lady was born in 1972/3 I think. She said Geri’s public age was genuine.
Being 2 years above in school doesn't mean 2 years older. Geri's birthday is in August so she'd have been one of the youngest in the year. If this woman was born in September 1973 she'd be just over a year younger, but 2 school years below.

Why am I taking this so seriously?

I just think she's just had her confidence knocked out of her by people calling her old and stiff.

Being 2 years above in school doesn't mean 2 years older. Geri's birthday is in August so she'd have been one of the youngest in the year. If this woman was born in September 1973 she'd be just over a year younger, but 2 school years below.

Why am I taking this so seriously?

It was 20 years ago, I don’t recall exact dates but my point is that this woman was insisiting that Geri had never lied about her age and she was what she said she was and hasn’t taken off a few years.

Significantly would be at least over 5 years older. Geri wouldn't be able to cover that for so long.
Also, let's not pretend Geri became stiff now that she's an "old white-only lady". If her performance skills were not a problem in the 90s why should it be now, or ever?

Anybody looking for excellence, either in dance skills, vocals or "looking young",in the Spice Girls is dealing with the wrong girl group.

Significantly would be at least over 5 years older. Geri wouldn't be able to cover that for so long.
Also, let's not pretend Geri became stiff now that she's an "old white-only lady". If her performance skills were not a problem in the 90s why should it be now, or ever?

Anybody looking for excellence, either in dance skills, vocals or "looking young",in the Spice Girls is dealing with the wrong girl group.

Mel C, Mel B and Emma have fantastic pop voices?!