Spice Girls

That's the funniest thing. Also, considering how prominent it is every Christmas on streaming, the fact Geri didn't even know about it may tell they don't pay excessive attention to their catalogue sales/streams.

Mel C's probably the only one who knows what Spotify is and doesn't still listen to CDs.

Wannabe is not far off reaching a billion streams on Spotify, hopefully should make it there by New Years Eve going off it's current daily streaming count (usually around 500k). It'll be one of the very few girlband tracks to reach that milestone.. Fifth Harmony are the only one I can think of (with Work from Home).

Wannabe is not far off reaching a billion streams on Spotify, hopefully should make it there by New Years Eve going off it's current daily streaming count (usually around 500k). It'll be one of the very few girlband tracks to reach that milestone.. Fifth Harmony are the only one I can think of (with Work from Home).

Much more impressive for the girls though as they were from the pre streaming era.

Regarding their version of Christmas Wrapping, I get that they changed some lyrics to reflect their lives at the time (world tour, aeroplanes and babies) and some UK cultural references (Tesco instead of A&P) and updated the year from 81 to 98, but I find it odd that they changed cranberries to papers. It’s not like we don’t have cranberries with turkey at Christmas in the UK.

I see Geraldine has done some Shakespeare on the stage with Dame Judi! As someone who loves literature and is all about female icons, I can’t begin to imagine how happy this must have made her!
Geri’s such a lovely person, I’m so glad she’s had such a great year x

I used to adore Geri and defended her contribution to pop for years. But wishing Boris Johnson a speedy recovery, while thousands of people were dying under his corrupt leadership, then cosying up to Liz Truss at the lioness final, was where she truly lost any redeeming faith I had in her being decent person to be honest.