Spice Girls | Page 167 | The Popjustice Forum

Spice Girls

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by james1986, Jul 3, 2006.

1. duckface

duckface Guest

I once asked Gail Simone to write a Spice Girls comic book and she said she'd missed the boat on Spice mania and didn't know that much about them.

I cried for days.

2. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

There's always Christy Marx.

3. duckface

duckface Guest

NO THANKS

4. She needn't bother unless she's channeling Jenna Maroney. "That was great!.....You were trying to get me to commit suicide, right?"

Also: must we contribute to the Daily Hate Bible's pageviews? Surely that story must have been reported somewhere else.

5. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

You know she'd come up with something better than "Spice Fish Sisters".

6. Oh Melanie... get that promo, I guess?

[video=youtube;GCshDyJL-iM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCshDyJL-iM[/video]

(Not the endorsement money, which is the main thing that matters to her, isn't it?)

7. duckface

duckface Guest

I had a minor stroke when I heard it on the radio and thought it was their new single, if that's what you mean.

8. Quite! I think it's a tune but never hear anyone mention it, was more what I meant! I always thought the lyrics were a bit clever for them and just googled it and found out it was written by Tim Rice (amongst others) which makes sense now!

9. duckface

duckface Guest

It was for the AIDA musical and they just recorded it for the soundtrack.

With the right video it would have made for a decent Comic Relief single (especially with two preggers members) but I am forever greatful it isn't part of their discography.

10. Around the time of the reunion with reports of them doing endorsements I really imagined an M&S advert using My Strongest Suit like the year prior. Imagine the entrance at 1:03 with the girls styled to perfection being shown every 15 minutes. Would have been a much bigger "event" than the Tesco ones (which are golden in their own kitch way).

http://youtu.be/JBT88STzSXE

11. duckface

duckface Guest

Surely Geri would have insisted on re-recording it.

12. Baby Bunton could be making her solo comeback in 2014

[video=youtube;dVUbt4eIxlg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVUbt4eIxlg[/video]

I hope for something more in line with the quality of her first two albums especially Free Me.

Life In Mono was all kinds of dull dreary uninspired dirge.

13. Life In Mono was gorgeous! Ignoring the pointless bonus tracks, it's one of my favourite albums. All That You'll Be is probably the only solo Spice ballad that reaches the level of Spice Girls ones.

14. The entire album sends me to sleep.

Its just so dull. I do like her cover of Mono's Life in Mono though & All I Need to Know its really pretty.

15. duckface

duckface Guest

All non-Free Me era Emma singles were boring as poo.

16. Although I love her voice, I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to this. So far the latest solo music of the girls was a bit disappointing.

17. I like the singles (bar "Who I Am") off her first album, most of Free Me, and "Downtown" and its B-sides. The rest of Life in Mono bores me.

Still, new stuff could be good. I hope.

18. Red Girl Records should sign Emma!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.