Spice Girls | Page 836 | The Popjustice Forum

Spice Girls

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by james1986, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Not to mention these:
    [​IMG]

2. Were these widely available in the UK? I think it was 1998 when I found them for sale here in Canada and my parents bought me the whole box. I don't think I've tasted chocolate quite like these before or since...were they like, normal British chocolate?

3. Yes they were, and around for quite a while too. They did have the same taste of Cadbury Dairy Milk, and just a thinner version I believe looking back. There were these too:
    [​IMG]

4. I remember my gran used to bring me the Cadbury Spice chocolates everytime she'd visit. She'd always bring Emma but somehow she lost the run of herself one day and brought me Mel C. I still remember how disgusted 6 year old me was when she gave it to me.

Overdose, mmcg10, LPT and 8 others like this.
  5. I ALWAYS needed a Geri one:
    [​IMG]

6. I love how Simon close them in a studio a made them shoot all the photoshots for their products in one day.

7. Very canny and money savvy.

FoxMint, Tribal Spaceman and Leogin like this.
  8. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

The Asda Spice Up Your Christmas range was slightly odd. They clearly only had access to a very small pool of photos and used them on everything from Christmas cards and crackers to biscuits and chocolate pizzas (?).

michaelhird, FoxMint, Jacques and 2 others like this.
  9. [​IMG]
    Indeed. Just Too Much shall we say....

10. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I've got a bag full of the stuff somewhere as a lot of it was reduced to 5p in January. The enormous poster-sized Christmas cards were the best.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    FoxMint and P'NutButter like this.
  11. Is there anywhere I can watch their Jonathan Ross interview?

12. We never shopped in ASDA so I missed out. The girls did basically contribute to my obesity as a child as I ate way too many crisps, chocolate, lollipops and drank coke practically 24/7.

Awww TAKE ME BACK!!!!!!

13. I am so glad I was a kid growing up in the Spice Girls era. Magical times! I especially loved these books:
    [​IMG]

DoggySwami and Tribal Spaceman like this.
  14. Oh, and this too:
    [​IMG]

I remember getting my Mum buying it for me and it was the last one left. One happy 7 yr old that's for sure.

He, neinzedd, enhanced CD and 5 others like this.
  15. Yes! Chocolate is soooo much nicer over here.

16. The UK has laws which state that chocolate has to contain a minimum percentage of cocoa, which is why it's so much nicer.

claire_louise likes this.
  17. This is my childhood.

[​IMG]

18. Sweet Spice!

19. My summer of '98 was spent scraping every penny I could find to get the Spice Girls bubble gum and Chupa Chups and collect all the stickers. I also had an uncle who worked at a candy distribution warehouse and so every time we'd see him he would bring as much Spice Girls candy as they would allow him to claim. What a time.

4fd614a72c81f9537e716f1ce358a736.jpg

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.