The past weekend has been absolutely incredible seeing the girls. I feel like I was running on pure adrenaline and full fat Coke as a staple diet by the end haha but it was all worth it.
I personally believe videos/pictures of the show don't do it justice at all. It's still very choreo heavy and some sections feel relentless, going from Salute into Touch made me feel like I needed a lie down afterwards! Saying that, I think the only songs that felt out of place in terms of the order of the setlist were Touch and Only You/No Time For Tears. I get that they might have been going for a "go out on a happy vibe" with the medley being near the end, and I think I might just feel that way about Touch as I'm used to it being a big encore or opening. No was definitely missed as well, I would have loved to have seen it back on the setlist. Hearing Holiday in one of the interludes also made me want it to see it performed too.
In terms of production I would say the show is definitely on par with the Get Weird Tour, which I have always compared their other tours too. It literally is just hit after hit, I felt like I blinked sometimes and the show was over.
My highlights include:
- Break Up Song (amazing to finally here this live!) and the way they do the little TikTok dance routine is cute.
- Move... I was not prepared for this to pop off the way it did, it felt really fresh even after all of the years it has been released. I love Leigh's take on Jesy's "hey, get your back off the wall", and the choreo.
- Power into Gloves Up is the mash up I didn't know I needed. The way the girls walk onto the stage for Power... whew.
- Woman Like Me for the obvious reasons, but there was something that felt like a full circle moment and satisfying seeing them sing part of an En Vogue song 10 years on from The X Factor when their first cover of one of their songs was when I literally laminated my stan card as a 13 year old, and them singing a song including themes of racism when they would usually be dancing to Nicki's rap verse. I digress, but you know what I mean.
- Happiness, the new arrangement is beautiful!
- Love Sweet Love actually pops off a bit live I think.
- The dancer's interlude when they dance to their favourite Little Mix songs is really good.
- The chair choreography in the Black Magic dance break, as well as them performing the original Touch dance routine, no words.
- The new arrangement of Salute is unreal.
- Sweet Melody, I felt like I'd waited a long time to hear/see that.
Overall, just unbelievable! Roll on Manchester.