Spotify | Page 131 | The Popjustice Forum

Spotify

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Popjustice, Jan 10, 2009.

1. [​IMG]

2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

What's up with the mixing on some songs on Spotify?

Like the verses here being so deep in the mix they're hardly audible?
    Did I activate some surround sound that my speakers don't get or are some uploads just in questionable quality?

3. Hm I don't know what to tell you. Sounds normal to me, and exactly like the official upload on YouTube?

4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It seems to have happened since I subscribed. Wonder if the higher quality or normalization or something does something to the sound that makes several songs sound 'off' (while they might sound technically better)?

5. Do you have data saver on or anything like that?

6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Nope.

7. @Mvnl might be worth checking it on a different device (if you have access to one), or with different headphones?

Mvnl likes this.
  8. Spotify might not stay independent, rumors... And also about the Discovery Mode - which correctly got a lot of critiques.
    https://www.billboard.com/articles/...fy-stay-independent-discovery-mode-distrokid/

soratami and spaceship like this.
  9. Amazon Music a “main competitor” to Spotify? On what planet?

I’m amazed they haven’t shut it down yet. I suppose it ties in well with Alexa.

This is so sad. Alexa play Despacito.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    slaybellz likes this.
  10. It literally is a audio streaming service... Which is the same as the main function of spotify. So it is a main competitor. Also that is owned by one FAANG company is pretty significant. IF Amazon decides to want to make it big, they have the resources to do so or could throw money at it.

Q&A polls are now live in y'all favourite part of Spotify - Podcasts!

WEIGH IN

Get to Know Your Favorite Podcasts Even Better With New Polls Feature
    September 23, 2020

Ever wish you could communicate directly with your favorite podcast hosts—maybe to share who you think their next guest should be, or weigh in on a debate that took place during the episode? Now, you may just get your chance. Spotify is testing a new Polls feature that gives podcasters the opportunity to ask their audience questions within the app. Both the host and listeners will be able to see the responses in real time, opening up an entirely new way for creators and listeners to interact.

Through Polls, listeners can share feedback and opinions as requested by the show’s hosts, who can use that information to better connect with their fans in future episodes—whether it’s discovering what topics listeners want more of, or learning about the type of guests they love to hear from. You can find the poll at the bottom of the episode page for any podcasts where the feature is activated, or on the episode’s Now Playing page.

Note: Responding to a Poll is completely optional and your answer remains anonymous. If you participate, you’ll be able to see how your response stacks up to other respondents. During the testing phase, this feature will be available on select podcasts for 90% of users across all markets on iOS and Android devices.

Ready to give it a try? Starting today, we will be rolling Polls out on a number of episodes of Spotify Originals and Exclusives, like The Rewatchables, Incredible Feats with Dan Cummins, Crime Countdown, and more.

[​IMG]

upload_2021-10-4_11-11-50.png

Attached Files:

spaceship likes this.
  11. Would you like podcasts to be on a different app?

Yes xxxxxxx / No

12. Ah yes, podcast polls, the feature everyone's been dying for.

13. The Spotify financials are so interesting… they’ve got to be one of the most successful tech start-ups in attracting subscribers, and yet still barely manages to turn a profit.

Across so many industries the pattern seems similar: the biggest players haemorrhage money. Uber, Spotify, most challenger banks and investment apps. Meanwhile the companies that are financially successful are ones that sell physical products (Apple, Amazon) or ones that are basically advertising shells (Facebook, Google). Netflix is a bit of an outlier - it does make a profit, but it also actually makes a lot of its own content.

Sure let’s allow the venture capitalists to be rinsed for all they’re worth, but it doesn’t feel sustainable in the slightest.

pop3blow2 likes this.
  14. me @ Spotty Fry

I really am not going to listen to those under-15-min podcast no matter how much you push them at me :/

Vasilios and spaceship like this.
  15. I feel like we’ll be getting Hi-Fi podcasts before actual music.

RMK and soratami like this.
  16. I can't believe I get to answer a poll in a podcast and yet I have no notification or whatsoever if someone follows one of my playlists. They should really enhance the social aspect of the platform.

slaybellz, pop3blow2, Lapras and 2 others like this.
  17. But have you started a podcast or listened to one?

Txetxu likes this.
  18. Of course it's a competitor; it's the "main" I take issue with. Like, what is Amazon Music's userbase compared to Spotify and Apple Music? Not big at all, I'd wager.

slaybellz likes this.
  19. And that’s why I explained including Amazon owns it and could change it up hard if they wanted. Are we gonna repeat our posts in a cycle now?

20. I listen to a couple of them. But my main use is to listen to/discover new music. and stalk people to check what they're listening to.

pop3blow2 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.