Spotify | Page 152 | The Popjustice Forum

Spotify

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Popjustice, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Anyone else get the make your own supergroup pop up? It was terrible, they just don’t get why Spotify unwrapped works (mainly narcissism and the way music so often stands in for identity). The playlist of the artists after was classic Spotify algorithm nonsense.

Txetxu, POPGASM and Isobel like this.
  2. They change everyday which is nice. I think it modifies to what is listened to more.

3. Supergroup mix, a playlist of a few artists you like. Visit on mobile: https://spotify.com/supergrouper

soratami, DominoDancing and spaceship like this.
  4. I...don't get the point of this. It's basically an artist radio, just that you seed it with multiple instead of one artist?
    [​IMG]

berserkboi, Blond, Purple and 4 others like this.

5. I had a look earlier and it added some of the worst songs by the people I had chosen as well.

A hundred years of winter as the first steps track!

TRAVVV and DominoDancing like this.
  6. I mean, this is something I've wanted for a while. As someone who more often than not lets Spotify's algorithm take over, I've often missed Pandora's seeding capability to incorporate more genres into a radio station rather than what sometimes seems like the same songs over and over again.

7. Ok this is actually pretty fun, especially since you can randomise the artists

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jonathan27 likes this.
  8. I don't get it dd? A "supergroup"? Why not just call it a themed playlist?

Stopremix likes this.
  9. Not you including the names in there, ew.

Oh this is nice... feels fitting. Why is Sia there it was probably a random play from somewhere ew.

[​IMG]

FINISH LINE and Diet Pop! like this.
  10. The Saturdays sneak cause of that one day bender I had dd.

[​IMG]

blaze_dave and Diet Pop! like this.
  11. Cool as these things are, they're definitely not accurate, or at least mine isn't. Much as I love her, there's absolutely no way Tweet is my 21st most played artist for example, and there are a lot of other things that just don't add up at all. Artists I've listened to a lot nowhere in sight, others I haven't listened to much being there, and above ones I've listened to a lot more, etc

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
  12. Yeah, you could fix it if we know how exactly it worked but it's always some things taken into account. Ah well, it's fun anyways.

Long term:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
  13. That R&B Bop Queens rate impacT.

Diet Pop!, slaybellz and soratami like this.
  14. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I mean I've played Treat Me a lot....but not that much. Still, this is fun. Taste tbh (apart from a few cancelled artists sneaking in there......I don't listen to them anymore don't @ me).

I think Spotify's "long-term" data is a three year rolling chart from what I've seen on Stats for Spotify.

godspeed likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.