Square Enix - Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth

I wish XIII got an ounce of the good faith revisionism that XV seems to get but I know @swim is the only one who supports that narrative with me.

XIII wasn’t particularly amazing but I did like that each of the main characters had a decent character arc.

XIII-2 was up there as one of my favourites, although I never actually got round to playing Lightning Returns because it kinda didn’t appeal to me.

One thing I would love to see is FFXII: Revenant Wings rereleased/remastered, perhaps for the Switch. I couldn’t even finish FFXII but picked up Revenant Wings on a whim and found it pretty enjoyable.

One thing I would love to see is FFXII: Revenant Wings rereleased/remastered, perhaps for the Switch. I couldn’t even finish FFXII but picked up Revenant Wings on a whim and found it pretty enjoyable.
There are some games that will just be forever trapped on the DS, and I think that’s one of them. It was so touch-screen dependent.

Other games on that list: Kirby Canvas Curse and Yoshi Touch & Go. (Both of which I stan.)

Not content with getting halfway through FFVII (original), FFVIII and FFIX, Rather than complete them I’ve now opted to download Star Ocean: First Departure R on the Switch.

EDIT: Anyone got a good guide, from looking you have to play through three times to get all characters?

Last edited:
XIII wasn’t particularly amazing but I did like that each of the main characters had a decent character arc.

XIII-2 was up there as one of my favourites, although I never actually got round to playing Lightning Returns because it kinda didn’t appeal to me.

It's the time limit that keeps me from playing Lightning Returns. I despise when games do that, Majora's Mask being the only exception. Otherwise, it looks pretty cool.

It's the time limit that keeps me from playing Lightning Returns. I despise when games do that, Majora's Mask being the only exception. Otherwise, it looks pretty cool.

It's not that bad really, I remember when I played I still had plenty of time left after doing pretty much everything.

Is Crisis Core likely to look like garbage on he Switch? I presume PS4 would be better? I don’t think I’d use a PS5 enough that it would be worth getting just for this game.

PS4 version is very likely to be better, but I'm still tempted to get it on Switch because handheld.

Last edited:
Anyone got/getting The DioField Chronicle? It's been getting pretty great reviews. Out of all these SE coming in September-December it's not quite at the top of my list, but I definitely intend to play it eventually.