Square Enix | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Square Enix

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jonathan27, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

VIII is so good. I still have the discs and case and everything. The characters and locations are lush, even the logo is one of my favourites and I love the story. When Rinoa got possessed by Ultimecia in space and is walking away from you, I was in awe at how cool that seemed at the time. Albeit it a bit creepy.

The battle system was really good too. The fact Limit Breaks came in when your health was low, most likely when you needed them most was a good touch. PLUS THE BATTLE THEME, WOO YEAH. I was ready to battle the shit out of anything that appeared.

2. I still think Rinoa= Ultimecia.

3. VIII definitely gets more crap than it deserves. I really fell in love with the story, and while looking back it wasn't the most well-rounded, it was certainly commendable.

VI deserves a remake I think just as much as VII. A lot of it is truly cinematic, it's almost like reading the script of a movie. I can't imagine what it would look like, seeing the world change with the graphic capabilities of the PSP, much less the PS3.

4. RJF

RJF

Has anyone else bought VII for the PC yet? It's out now, so I'm currently downloading it. Apparently it has a lot of extra stuff. I CAN'T WAIT.

(I think this must be like the sixth time I've bought VII. Shameful.)

5. Rmx

Rmx

I'm tempted but I'm so broke! I've never played through that game though so it might be worth it. I remember not really getting the battle system though, with that weird materia. I might impulse-buy it later on.

6. I'm so jaded from my copy of VII. On the third disc, none of the menus work, nor do the final battles, so I have to swap discs every time I want to do anything besides watch the last cut scenes. It's a nifty trick though, just in case anyone comes across the problem.

7. Once when I was young I tried to complete VII without a memory card.

That day did not end happily.

8. I also like the implication in x-2 that it is the past of vii. What with the kid SHINRA thinking of ways to harness the energy of the farplane (mako?).

9. VIII is everything and anything and will never be topped.

10. For those that have bought the re-release of VII, have they had any problems with it? I'm thinking it's worth the tenner, but there seems to be nothing but complaints about functionality on the website?

11. RJF

RJF

I'm up to the charge on the Shinra Building to save Aerith and I've had absolutely no problems. It runs smoother and faster than VII ever has. Bear in mind, I've played it on PS1, 2, 3, and even the PC version that came out in the 90s. The graphics and music have been slightly redone as well. Not as blocky.

The inital 2.5GB download might be a bit of a hassle, though.

12. It's an installation issue, apparently derived from DirectX (apparently some people still have version 7?!). I've got it downloaded and installed, and it seems to be fine. Bizarre to watch the intro without stuttering!

13. If they made VII available for Mac, I'd be all over that shit.

I'll just go play it on my PS3 for the hundreth time.

14. I need to play through VII again. I mean, I just finished it, but I kind of went through it quickly and I should probably take some time to really relish all of it. Also, can I get an amen for how level grinding sort of passed to the way side with VII? I literally did not have to grind levels at all, compared to VI when I spent at least five hours before the final dungeon.

15. I like grinding though! 7 seems to scale enemies in the final dungeon depending on your own level.

16. I really, really wish I had your stance on level grinding. I almost find it painful at times. I do know Sephiroth's stats were affected by your level, but I didn't realize the entire dungeon was.

17. Used to love Final Fantasy though it hasn't been great lately.

I found the battle system in 13 fun but couldn't give a toss about the characters or story. 7 through to X are the classics for me and I really enjoyed Crisis Core and X2. Although I never completed 6, I had a lot of fun with that one too.

I think nowadays it just doesn't feel like Final Fantasy anymore. I've heard 13-2 is good, but couldn't stand to play it after hearing that moogle speak. It's no Stilzkin. Although the voice acting in 13 wasn't totally awful, up against the likes of Uncharted it wasn't great. I'm mainly looking at Vanille.

mi|kshake~

18. Almost everything about FFXIII was perfect for me, from the characters, the story, the music, the graphics, the battle system. The only two negatives are the (sometimes) ropey voice acting and the linearity, neither of which prevented me from enjoying the game immensely.

Basically, I had a lot of fun playing FFXIII.

19. So fucking embarrassing having her sex moan at every little thing when my mother walks in and wonders what the hell I'm watching

20. I have yet to play it, but I'm guessing the linearity won't bother me. X is my favorite because it keeps things on track for most of the game. You have to actually focus on leveling up and such in each area rather than wondering around and finding things from the beginning, like with, say, the first five games.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.